Level 1 DOT inspection- typographical errors...

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by MACK E-6, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    "Technical Errors," play really well on TV. And you'll see them with high profile cases.
    But for infractions or misdemeanors, it doesn't happen very often.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Good question. My last inspection was clean, but I noticed he had the wrong address for me on the paperwork. It was my old address, my current is on a sticker on the back. Doesn't affect anything now, but it makes ya think.

4. bretts

bretts Bobtail Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Ohio
    When you enter the USDOT number into ASPEN it auto-populates the data so if the data is old or inaccurate then that is what will show on the inspection report. If there is an error you can data-q the inspection to have the information corrected. Small errors will typically not affect the outcome of any judicial proceedings. Large errors can cause the criminal case to be dismissed or reduced. Talk with an attorney or the prosecutor to wheel and deal.

5. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    2nd this due to pre-trip teachings of they can only be between 1"-1.5".

6. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I take it the rolls were those tall floor-to-ceiling kraft paper rolls?

For the benefit of those of you who may be new to hauling those, most mills won't let you stand on the dock to watch them being loaded. They put three in the front of the trailer over the drive axles and three in the back over the tandems. That leaves a huge amount of space between the sets of three. The only thing stopping them from sliding forward are those rubber mats they set them on. And if you hit the brakes real hard, they can tip over and cause the truck to roll as well.

Be very #### careful hauling them. Drive like you have a lone horse in the box with no restraint.

thejackal Thanks this.
  7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm done trucking is was a repower load sealed cat scaled and shift.

8. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Are you Sure he even measured anything.Probably just went thru the motions for something to do.Ive been inspected by some dot that didnt know a!nything! Are you running logs today? Right here on my Peoples Net.You want to see it? Oh...no thats fine. And sometimes theyll come up with something out of a book."Well these reflective tape must go completely across the entire rear of the vehicle,no breaks in it allowed."Sir,theres 15 new trucks at the terminal,theyre all like this.Well Ill just give ya a warning.Ok,thankyou,have a good day.

9. Scalemaster

Scalemaster Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2011
    Midwest
    If there were no violations, there is nothing to DataQ.

10. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    Yea I never even thought of it....my mechanic gets it often enough that I should always be good to go...but...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.