Linde (cryogenic company)

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by driver81, Jul 4, 2015.

1. bigjohn

bigjohn Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    PA
    I use to work for them terrible outfit who will fire you for anything that violates there company rules that included using a bluetooth headset in the truck. They are contracting all there work out to ruan in des moines iowa, they are phasing all the union drivers out. To make money you will need to run 12 plus hours a day, and 6 days a week to gross 1600 bucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Not out here they make too much having a private fleet as do the others.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. TankerP

TankerP Road Train Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Holding the steering wheel
    Yeah, well that's kinda standard for a serious hazmat company. Getting caught using a phone while driving is immediate termination in my outfit. I guess they have the same policy.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  6. atlfan88

atlfan88 Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2012
    So you think they are terrible to work for because they won't let you break the rules and get away with it? Sounds like someone needs to grow up a little. With that attitude I don't know how you make it down the road safely every day. I work an average of 50-55 hours a week here in Maine and I have no problem making 18-1900/week without breaking a sweat. If you are working 6 days a week you obviously weren't pushing to get any loads thru the week especially since we work on a 60 hour HOS rule and not the 70. I work 5 days and that's it with no overnights.

7. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    That seems like "Safety" crossing the line into stupidity. I agree with the handsfree law, but no headset? That's ridiculous.

8. Mrtbone

Mrtbone Light Load Member

Dec 14, 2012
    It might be stupid but if that's one of the rules and if I can make 90k a year I guess I'd do it.

Cali kid Thanks this.
  9. Hippysiam

Hippysiam Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Huntington beach. CA
    $27 per hour that is better than union shop at univar

10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    That's because they are union and the univar guys make more than that around here

11. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    So I was contacted by linde, but now wonder what to expect. I've been told that the cryogenic field is a good one to work in. But was also given a ranking of outfits
    1. Air Products
    2. Air Gas
    3. Air liqued
    4. Linde
    5. Praxair

But I'm not sure how one differs from the other. All seem to be hiring bulk drivers or hydrogen drivers

12. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Huh, though Univar was a local co, so much for that theory! Also didn't know they were Union. Any clue what they pay?

13. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    All depends on the location for both the union and pay around here in socal they pay around $28per hour with OT and all that good stuff.

• Truckers Report Jobs