Load Boards for CARGO Vans

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by HrHitter33, Aug 20, 2012.

1. HrHitter33

HrHitter33 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    I've searched and searched.. I cannot find a good load board for Cargo Vans..Under 10,000lbs. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Most of these loads will be handled by expedite companies and they are tight group. Your best bet is to associate with a good company that has access to Sylectus. I would stay away from the mega expedite companies but I know several smaller companies that will work with you. Send me an email with your information at Deleted and I will set you up with some of the better ones that have Sylectus and are also members of TEANA.

Bill

Bluedew Thanks this.
  4. HrHitter33

HrHitter33 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Dayton, Ohio
    Bill.. I'm just gathering info right now.. not actively doing it. But thank you anyways.

5. Fiddle Sticks

Fiddle Sticks Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Chicagoland

I am considering turning my van in to an O/O expeditor. I am having difficulty landing a job with my CDL and no experience and I am also running out of cash. I probably would like to just drive cargo van for a few months to get money up--or maybe all the way until Christmas.

I have an outfit that is only willing to pay $0.95/mile for loaded miles. I am afraid of getting stuck 'going out there--coming back empty' or sitting for days on end eating up my profits. If I could land one or two more brokers using different boards, then I would be less apprehensive about making the plunge.

To complicate things, I only have an Astro Van--hence, I cannot haul 3,000 llbs.

May I take you up on the offer to HrHitter?

6. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Your van won't work, most companies would want something like an E350 or Savana 3500 (Sprinter 2500 is acceptable) to be in the fleet. The problem isn't weight but it is size, you will need to haul two pallets at minimum. perferrably three for most companies to be qualified.

Mike2633, BigBadBill and Fiddle Sticks Thank this.
  7. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Ridge is100%correct. You are better off looking for courier work.

And that rate is good for current market. But you are correct to be concerned. It cost them nothing to let you sit while they find a rate that will work.

Fiddle Sticks Thanks this.
  8. LuckyLoads

LuckyLoads Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2013
    We have a Ford E250 extended cargo van. Is the market for these loads still pretty bad? Or si there money to be made still. We have a week or two to get our MC# active, we have been assured by the getloaded.com reps that these loads are out there. Are they blowing smoke up our ... ? Is it still a market that you can make money in since the fall of the economy?

9. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    About a dollar a mile or less is all you're going to get leasing to a company and working the load boards for stuff like that is going to be near none.

10. Fiddle Sticks

Fiddle Sticks Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Chicagoland
    Courier/Messenger work has not paid off here in the Chicago are for five years. The rates have not kept up with the fuel prices and insurance premiums, and for that matter, toll road rates. Also, the much needed 'skids of weight' to offset a van's thirst for petrol over a fuel efficient car have long ago become extinct. The overall volume of same-day delivery of freight for cargo vans has fallen off at least 60% since 2007.

The only differences between being a courier/messenger in Chicagoland from welfare is that the courier/messenger has to get up in the morning, beat the hell out of his vehicle, risk receiving tickets from cops and red light cameras, and make less money. Otherwise, it is just like welfare.

GoldenLad Thanks this.
  11. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    The company that pay .95 cents a mile is that for schlepping around Chicago or for long distance runs? I thought about doing expediting work in the past but could not figure out how I would sleep in the van if it's loaded.

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.