Load zoned road

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Bdog, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    I pay em no mind and keep on rollin.

Many of my 'bypass' routes are zoned

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    How about just calling the road commissioner for your area and letting them answer your question?

4. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    That would be the answer but I was thinking if it is not properly marked maybe I could just drive down it and if stopped I would have a way out of the ticket. If I call them they may come put up new signs on each end and then have it fresh in their minds and enforce it who knows.

There is no bridges or anything like that on this road. The sign is 58k gross limit. I drive my fully loaded tandem dump truck down it at 50-54k gross on three axles. It doesn't hurt anything. The semi at 65k which is what it weighs with all my equipment on it has far less weight per axle than the dump so I don't see how it would hurt anything either.

I have seen fully loaded belly dumps drive down it on a regular basis.

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    When i was hauling dirt locally for construction. We had a small job in a town on the outer edges of salt lake city. I was taking one load of gravel. Cop pulls me over and says this street is no trucks. There were no signs on the street. I was making a local delivery so he let me go. But he could have given me a ticket. He said the office is supposed to have a map of truck legal streets in the city.

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Do like Jumbo suggested... Like another poster has stated must be Tx.
    They have restricted some roads because of oil field traffic...

7. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    .....if you don't get cought.....

8. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Yes they do expect u too the government are re tards.

9. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    I run two miles of gravel road to my house every week, even crossing single lane bridges. Very hilly. No one really gives a rip. And I do it loaded. I got home yesterday with 46K in a 53' dry box. Will deliver it Monday. Road is not marked in any way for anything but a stop sign at a "T" intersection. Bridges are not marked, nothing. I use the road weekly as do an occasional grain hauler, which I am sure is loaded to the max, and probably over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.