Local jobs in Duluth/Superior are

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Redhorse71, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Redhorse71

Redhorse71 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Superior, WI
    I bought a house in Superior and will be moving in the next couple months. In the mean time I will be going to Interstate Truck Driving school in South St. Paul to get my cdl.

I would really like to find a local driving job in the area. I have found Upper Lakes Foods. Also it looks like Northwest Beverages is looking for a driver as well as Pepsi.

Anybody know anything about these or any other companies looking for drivers? Would really like an overnight linehaul gig.

Hard work is not an issue. Anything these jobs can throw at me will be less work than I am doing now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DriveStyer

DriveStyer Bobtail Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Lakeville, MN
    Try Halvor Lines, out of Duluth

Redhorse71 Thanks this.
  4. Redhorse71

Jan 21, 2016
    Superior, WI
    Halvor is on my list if I decide to go otr. As is Jeff Foster.

5. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Bay and bay does a alot of line haul in mn, dont know bout up at the little lake tho....

Redhorse71 Thanks this.
  6. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    And dont rely on job postings alone, just becuse somebody dosent have a job posted, doesnt mean they dont have a opening or a driver they are thinking about sending down the road

Redhorse71 Thanks this.
  7. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Sorry, i keep thinking of other crap. While your in the city, call up mcdoungh (sp) i know they run to duluth, they may have a barn up there. L.M.E. magnum....

Redhorse71 Thanks this.
  8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Well lets see. We have LME, Valley Cartage, Central transport, ABF, Old Dominion, Speedee Delivery (I used to do their Stevens point run) Cross Country, estes, conway, ups, fedex, and Magnum that would be within easy driving distance for you from superior for LTL carriers. Also coke pepsi and Dr Pepper (worked for them as well Rick the boss is a good guy) Leamon Mercantile (Coors) northwest beverages (Miller), and a couple other beer outfits that I cant think of their names at the moment. There is also always ads for running Mixer trucks come spring for about 20 per hour and union benefits. Jeff Foster also has a logging side. Dave Evans dose dry bulk but like foster wants a year of experience. Kane Transport pulls mainly tanks. Manion's has a fleet of curtain sides for delivering their products. Plus there is always dump truck work in the summer and propane in the winter. There is also sysco foods along with upper lakes and I think there might be one other local food outfit. There is probably 50 more companies in the local area that will get you home every day that I cant think of at the moment as well.

I drive rolloff trucks because I like the day hours with weekends off and there is half a dozen outfits that do that in the area. There is also tons of little logging outfits with trucks. This is a good area for local work. Check out speedee if you really want to start out with line haul. when I left the ST cloud driver was thinking about moving south. Pay is a little low for line haul but its good experience. They are always hiring, though you might have to start in a parcel van till a spot opens up on the CDL side.

I know for a fact that Speedee, Upper Lakes and Dr Pepper will hire with no experience. Central transport wants 6 months.

Also the interstate school trucks that I have seen mostly pull a pup. I used to watch them go by all the time when I was getting loaded at American Bottling in south st Paul. Might want to consider seeing if you cant get into Lake Superior College in duluth for their program instead. Its pretty reasonably priced. Ten minutes from superior and they train with a 53 and a sleeper cab. Folks seem happy with that school. I got my CDL on the job without school so I have no experience with it though.

crazyk, upnorthwpg and Redhorse71 Thank this.
  9. mud23609

Mar 9, 2015
    Also Upper Lakes Foods is kinda known as a crappy place to work locally. You will make money, but the rumor is that management is hard to deal with.

10. Redhorse71

Jan 21, 2016
    Superior, WI
    Thanks for all the info. I really appreciate it. I will check into them. I wasn't aware there were that many up there.

As for training, I work in Eagan at the moment and have to keep my job there until I get my cdl and get a job up there. WIth my work schedule, Interstate was the only one that I can manage to do.

11. mud23609

Mar 9, 2015
    No problem. Shoot me a PM when you get ready to make your move and I may be able to point you to a few jobs that will be hiring at that time. With it being winter local work hiring is a bit slow but it starts to pick up come march or so. You shouldn't have much trouble finding work though once you get your license and move up here.

Redhorse71 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.