Lone Mountain Truck Leasing

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by ShelbyKay, Jun 9, 2015.

1. anotherjoe

anotherjoe Medium Load Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Yep and there not genuine parts either . Which mean warranty wont cover the rebuild. Cheapest rebuild by a certified dealer i found was 16000 Motor and Trans 1 yr warranty Its a Big Company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radicastuff

radicastuff Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2010
    ridgecrest, ca
    [/QUOTE]

4. radicastuff

radicastuff Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2010
    ridgecrest, ca
    We purchased from Lone Mountain. Paid it off. So far we have put 800,000 miles on the truck We had the same type of repairs. Before purchasing the truck we had long discussions about this type of thing. We saved a lot of money by doing the repairs ourselves. My husband checks everything monthly when we get home. If something looks like it may need repair we just do it.
    Whenever we have anyone ask us about purchasing a truck my husband tells them to do their research. Repairs are very costly and if you can't repair the truck yourself have a lot of money in the bank.
    The only repair we had to pay for was the ECM. But since we could save the money doing our own repairs it wasn't a problem.
    We also have the insite program. I think this is a must for truck owners.
    Lone Mountain wasn't that bad. We used them because of the low down payment $5000. That left us some money in the bank for repairs.

cuzzin it and John Dewart Thank this.
  5. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    When companies part there fleet out alot of dealerships buy them in bundles . They go thru them with a fine tooth comb. Keep the best for themselves. Pass off the remaing on 2nd hand dealers. Select trks etc. They have issues. You go to a mom pops dealer your get trucks with problems.
    You can extend warranties but more miles over 500. It gets really expensive. VGT turbo junk after 500. so plan on buying 1. Cummins trk without an Apu . 700+ Better have money for inframe never see 1million mi.Unless it had alot of oil changes. Might get lucky.

6. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    Another thing look at everybody does it . Engines hrs . my trk has APU total engine hrs 15,780 Total mi 698000. You fig 15780/24hrs day. Thats = to 2 yrs of engine time my truck 5 yrs old sept 2015.most of these truck have 100000 hrs or turned over when there 5 yrs old.

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I have a 2011 Prostar I bought from Knight, It has 507800 miles @ 13200 Hours on it, Its a Cummins motor with NO APU. It had a infame here about 80k ago tho due to a manufacture defect found within a sleeve. So Cummins rebuilt the whole motor at a 90% coverage, The other 10 % was I opted to go ahead and replace the injectors sense it was apart.

Its build date was may of 2010

Edit,
    I also want to point out, 100,000 Hours would = 11.8 years worth of constant run time. So unless that truck is 15 years + old I don't really see that being a issue =P

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    Reason for edit: Added info
  8. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Really? Call up any Detroit dealer and get a quote for the parts on a 12.7. An inframe is a rebuild. And the parts are a few hundred under three grand.

9. anotherjoe

Jan 8, 2013
    VGT turbos are only good for 500,000 mostly.The key is to idle truck before shutdown. Circulating oil cools it down. Most drivers shut down the truck .Oil cooks a residue on bearings because turbo so hot. Dirty oil is bad as well. Before you know it spun bearing. Turbo junk

10. John quinton

John quinton Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2015

What do you mean they come after assets? What if you don't have assets?

11. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Lease purchase, it's the new cardboard box for the homeless.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.