Looking for some information

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by AUstudent, Apr 2, 2016.

1. AUstudent

AUstudent Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Hello I am college student and I am doing a case study for a trucking company and was wondering if I could get some first hand accounts from drivers about lease purchase programs.
    What is the average weekly driver income and average weekly miles? What do you think the average industry turnover rate for Lease Purchase drivers is?
    What would you think a percentage would be of drivers who actual complete a lease purchase program and become an owner?
    Also what is the general attitude towards the lease purchase program? From what I have read on other sites is that if it's done right it is a good program but I've also read there are a lot of scams out there.

I realize some these questions could be a little personal but I am really just trying to get a feel for the overall industry. Any replies would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Zero to every question

4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    You must also understand that to some drivers to actually own the truck is not what they are looking for. They treat the truck as a tool of their business and write it off as a cost of being in business. After their lease ends they are walking away and getting into a different truck.

5. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    Turnover rate? More like failure rate. Most lose everything, some do succeed

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.