Lowes Home Improvement Being run by NFI?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Wicked Wizard, May 30, 2015.

1. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    The local DC in my area is being handed over to NFI. I was told by another NFI driver that they are taking over the account nationally. I just want to find out if this is true. I thought each DC bids separately. It would be a huge step for them. I do not know if they have the resources to maintain that. Let us know if you have any info. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 27butterfly

27butterfly Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    I would like to know as well and if anybody knows about the Texas Sulphur Springs area NFI, I'm looking to get on with them but I don't know I've heard so many good things and bad things but have not heard many from Texas.

4. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    There's new manament again at account, 3 regime changes in 3 years so who knows. Pay is pretty decent most of time if ya know what your doing, they pay mileage for localish work. they have some time management issues that really need to get worked out. Trucks are natural gas and complete garbage, driver facing dash cams that they nit pick driving habits. Gonna be a wait and see if things get better or continue to fall off like it has since first regime change. Just like any other trucking gig, gonna want to quit a few times a week, money decent and home everyday for what it's worth. Good luck

27butterfly Thanks this.
  5. win-some-loose-less

win-some-loose-less Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Mount Vernon tx
    Haven't heard anything about nationally unless it's new, My understanding is each dc bids separately for the loads. Nfi does have a few Lowes dc's dedicated local accounts tho

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.