LTL Hot shot dispatching services?

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by nit2winn, Apr 9, 2012.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah, the parent company has a poor record. The hotshot logistics entity has no significant information. Not quite sure what that means.

Nottoway Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I ran the only DOT number given on the website through safer . Tried running hot shot logistics through as a name and none of the results had a terminal listed on the website . Ask hot shot logistics their DOT number .

4. GNR

GNR Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Paris, AR
    This is what I found on their website.

Hotshot Logistics, LLC/Roadmasters Power Transport Co.,LP
    Terminals: Frankfort,ME-Wyandotte,OK
    Hicksville,OH-Overland Park,KS
    Phone: 207-223-9977 Fax: 914-358-0547
    Contact Name: John Ramirez Title: President

Parent Company Name: Roadmasters Holdings, LLC
    Physical Address: PO Drawer D Athens,TX 75751
    Phone: 903-675-8550 Fax: 903-677-3205
    Contact Name: Tim Jones Title: President

Interstate: MC - 568661
    Broker Authority: MC - 524687-B
    DOT# 1522134
    SCAT# RTEW

Agency/Contact: Regions Insurance/Tina Phone: 903-792-7610 Ext: 306
    Certificate Holder Information: Roadmasters Power Transport Co.,LP
    PO Drawer D
    Athens, TX 75751

Payment Remittance: Roadmasters Power Transport Co.,LP
    PO Drawer D
    Athens,TX 75751

5. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    The DOT number shown is the one I ran .

6. PowerWagon

Sep 29, 2012
    I just searched for Hotshot Logistics, LLC, and got a hit from that.

It's not the same MC# but the same city and state. It shows very little. Basically, it says no activity as of today.

7. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
    I'll be honest with you guys, I really thought buying my own hotshot rig would suit me best with my background, but I'm beginning to believe I'll be better off to at least start out just driving for a friend who operates about 20 trucks regionally...home every weekend and one or two other nights some weeks. They're currently advertising .46 to .53 mile for starting (but experienced) drivers. Because of our friendship, he thinks he can get his insurance company to allow me to drive (?). They run late model KW's and 53' dry box & a few 48' flats. (They also run loose leaf paper logs.) Just driving would at least allow me to learn a little about the general trucking business a bit before making a purchase ... then I could decide between the smaller trucks and big rigs.

I don't know. Getting into trucking, especially specialized lightweight freight, as a newbie owner operator might not be recommended. Or at least here on the east coast. I was fully prepared to go into it without debt, confident in my driving skills and tons of experience with working with customers (people skills). But developing the business base (shippers) and/or choosing someone to lease on to is looking daunting.

I know it's usually true in life that 'There are no short-cuts' but I do feel my age pushing me to get on with the program!

8. PowerWagon

Sep 29, 2012
    Starting your own business is not for the faint of heart. It doesn't work for those who don't know the business, either. Jumping in on your own is swimming with the sharks, no matter how you look at it.

I think you'd be REAL wise to drive for someone else. Having a paycheck, and none of the worries = a much better way to learn the business. I've started businesses of my own, and have experienced both failure and success, and jumping into something so competitive with no background... Is real tough.

Me, I've been hanging around the hotshot forums and reading everything I can find everywhere for most of a year now. I still feel like I don't know squat.

Nottoway Thanks this.
  9. HammerToe

HammerToe Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2013
    Jessup, GA
    Been looking at Skidmore Express website. Anyone tried their dispatch service?

10. Nottoway

Nottoway Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Southeast Virginia
  11. mcgoo422000

mcgoo422000 Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.