Mack Trucks

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Rudester, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Pullin2

Pullin2 Crusty Canuck

Nov 5, 2011
    Whoville Pub, Long Island
    I run a dedicated run between two provinces. I have a Volvo/Mack dealer every 60 miles. The guys and gals at all these dealers are top notch.

I guess I'm lucky. Location. Location. Location.

Thankfully I also have a Volvo DD13. The Detroit shops in both these provinces have been a dog#### for over 20 years. When I lived in NB, I was a long miler. I had one of the first Series 60's in Atlantic Canada and I had all my Detroit work done in Etibcoke, ON !!

I have been happy with my VNL670's and will likely stay with same. I hauled round wood once upon a time. If you're out west, which I seem to think you are, look harder for a heavy spec KW. More qualified techs for those in BC and AB. JMHO.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Most shops are too cheap to train anyone from my experience.

4. Rudester

Rudester Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2014
    Thanks for the words of wisdom. Think I'm buying the KW. I think it's a better truck even with the higher miles, deleted already, and it comes with a world of support. Buying it from the guy I currently haul for.

5. CaboverKid

CaboverKid Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    I have a '94 CL600 w/ E7 427 in it. Called Mack in Calgary to see about a valve set n the dumb broad who was the service advisor told me that its the same engine as a D13 Volvo...LOL...they lost my business right then n there...

Pullin2 and AModelCat Thank this.
  6. Trinity Xpress ltd

Trinity Xpress ltd Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Bonnyville, Alberta
    Careful on the KW, make sure the HP isn't turned way up and hopefully get the parts that were removed so you can turn it legit if need be. you won't be able to get it into Cummins for work in its current state.

7. Prairie Boy

Prairie Boy Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Edmonton, AB
    Bought a new tilt deck trailer with a winch on it in February I think it was. $141,000.00 big ones. The day the dealer was delivering it, the Mack rep was at my office talking to me. I casually mentioned that our new trailer was getting delivered. HE ASKED, " wHAT DO YOUI NEED ONE OF THEM FOR? " I REPLIED, WHEN A FRIGGIN' BULLDOG gets sick on the road, I can put a leash on it and loaded it on the tilt deck for delivery to the Vet in the west end of Edmonton . (Mack dealer). He left and haven't heard a word from him.

not4hire and nate980 Thank this.
  8. Rudester

Jun 15, 2014
    Well, I bought the Kenworth and am just doing final paperwork for the contractor. I'll be working in it next week. A little nervous. "Careful what you wish for...you might get it. " Last year I was fresh out of driving school into a 9 axle b train in the bush. This year its my own truck with a jeep n hayrack (8 axle) Another steep learning curve coming.

9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Jeep and hayrack, I'm guessing you're based in Alberta?

10. Rudester

Jun 15, 2014
  11. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Kind of figured since Alberta seems to be the only province that runs a jeep and hayrack combo.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.