making a change stick haulers to the Slab

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by swamplogger, May 3, 2016.

1. swamplogger

swamplogger Bobtail Member

May 3, 2016
    My husband and I have been hauling wood and logging equipment for many of years in Sc/Nc and are wanting to make a change and get on the road. We would like to be able to be home at least one day a week. Does anyone have any pointers on how to get started. We are not O/O and would like to stay on East Coast .Also the company"QualityDrive Away" what's your opinion ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Gee I always thought logging was a pretty good gig. Home most nights and all but I know nothing about it. If your trying to pull a board and get home weekly, your best bet would be one of your local flatbed companies. Going with one of the big ones makes getting home harder. I wish you two the best of luck and hope it works out for you.

4. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Drive a way companies r kind of cool. Had a buddy work for one and he loved it. But the thing is u pretty much only have one duffle bag of stuff cuz of switching trucks all the time. You do tend to stay in a lot of motels which I love to do lol

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's probably a dozen or more companies, but depends on your city/state where you live. We know you're in the Carolinas, but what city/town are you near?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.