Marked in pre trip inspection - got violation

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by monaco, May 25, 2015.

1. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    last week at the flying j in saskatoon, sk I went in for a drink when a guy asked for my help, couldn't get his rig going. spent a hour helping him out then giving him a pull start.... naturally we attracted a bit of attention. afterwards I was Floored by how many random truckers came and thanked me while giving me the old "we need more like you". what was even more shocking was 3 of em saying I did more than they ever would

now I tell you this because I'm a shirt off my back kinda guy. late for a wedding I'm in and I'll still stop to help pull a car out the ditch in the winter. I would do absolutely anything and everything in my power to help anybody in whatever way I can within my abilities , so I'm a guy who would go above and beyond for a boss that treats me good. wouldn't be working for em if they didn't

so maybe I just have trouble thinking like someone that doesn't think like me about this. seems downright wrong but I guess to each their own. some boss somewhere is happy to have reliable mediocrity because they've probably dealt with so much unreliable people. guess it's just not me.

Billyjack, magoo68, KW Cajun and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. j_martell

j_martell Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Centre Wellington, Ontario
    where i'm at now has their own shop...i miss greasing my truck, changing lights, changing oil.....*sigh*

4. dustinbrock

dustinbrock Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2012
    saskatoon,sk
    living the truckers dream. lol

5. j_martell

j_martell Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Centre Wellington, Ontario
    maybe for some.....but I like getting dirty.....spinning wrenches is my first love :)

6. bbigcnote

bbigcnote Light Load Member

Dec 29, 2008
    northeast, missouri
    Most drivers wouldn't know how to change a light or bulb

7. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill Heavy Load Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Alberta
    And use "It aint my job" as an excuse.

8. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    He## yea l would !!!!!!

9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I've picked up trailers with lights and part of the wiring harness missing.. I carry what I need to replace myself.. People will even rob the license plate light and harness.. Top marker lights can be replaced if you find something tall enough to stand on.. Which I do also.. Sometimes wiring shorts out somewhere. If you repair yourself check fuse's too

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.