Mc numbers and dot number

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Sufy, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Sufy

Sufy Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Hey guys had a question. I'm opperating out of Texas.
    I just got my dot number and Texas dot numbers and my mc numbers are in the 21 day waiting process I already have insurance. I know I can't leave the state. Can I do loads locally in Texas with just my dot numbers and my Texas dot numbers ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    You have Texas operating authority? Filed the form E with Texas? I think you can get a Texas dot number without for hire authority is why I ask. It would be for people hauling their own stuff not for hire.

If you have the Texas authority then yes you can haul intrastate loads in Texas. I did when I was waiting on my MC number.

Have you got your IFTA yet? Mine was a pain. I submitted it at the same time I did my mc number application. They wouldn't process my IFTA while the mc was pending. I had to wait until my mc was active and then resubmit my IFTA which took several weeks.

4. Sufy

Sufy Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Oh wow thanks for the heads up no I'm waiting to get my ifta as soon as the 21 days are uproar the mc yes I got the Texas dot numbers and the cab card for the insurance with all
    My stuff on it you think I should be ok ?

5. Bdog

Bdog Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Yes if you have the cab card you are good to go in Texas

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.