McElroy Truck Lines.....Stay away!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Chopswithafist, Aug 4, 2012.

1. josevargas342

josevargas342 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2015
    Was employed w McElroy truck lines for almost 2 yrs but was let go yesterday because I chose my family instead of my load... Lots to tell about this company but they do not care about drivers we can be disposed of and replaced.. feel free to ask me questions I will answer!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Please, feel free to share your story with us. :)

4. josevargas342

May 20, 2015
    Had a roll over 6 months ago, I was making a right turn at a four way stop and as I'm turning an old man in a white explorer is not stopping ( as I'm turning, he gets too close so I maneuver out his way in order to not cause a collision bc my truck would have killed him b4 it killed me, so me and the old man see eye to eye and he knows he's in the wrong and I shake my head at him, and I gotta make my right turn in order for either of us to get out... So I continue w my turn, too close to the edge,( this is a sand road") I do my mirror check like always to make sure I'm in the clear and as I look I see my trailer start to tilt to the side... So I gun it( accelerated as fast as I could) to try to get the trailer back it went back up just a bit but by that time it was too late I rolled over into a ditch.. the old guy in the white explorer gets out his vehicle "are you ok?" And sees that I'm ok and jumps back in his car and flees the scene... Now after that I had to switch out trucks two times a week... Was out of work for two months because I was told that the company would pay a ticket I got in company truck.. which I was pleased b cause I had planned on paying cash all up front.. and they were going to deduct it out my paycheck ... A couple of months go by and I go in for the annual check, they run my license and it's been suspended, huh wow.. and guess what it for! The ticket that they supposedly paid.. it turn into a warrant for non payment...on to next... We have one company vehicle @ yard, its Friday in afternoon maybe 1ish I live four four hours away("remember our trucks only go 60") so the company vehicle wasn't there , fleet manager was still on break, so I bobtailed to get haircut near yard. (" still waiting on my load b cause our loads get loaded in afternoon since its only about 240 miles")..I park at this abandoned church right next door to the haircut place

Not even 10 min later I get a phone call from fleet manager saying I damaged their property... I check damage and no way I did that... Wow a church money hungry!!! Note I've never seen anyone @ this abandon church...wow!! So I get suspended for three days ... To make things short it turned into three weeks.. after three weeks.. get to the job for a Month and I get a good working truck!!! I'm ahead on my loads.... I love my job again!!!! .... Well this past week I was ahead on my loads still!! So this past Tuesday I get my truck towed( long story but will share if asked to) and bam while I'm getting my truck out I get a phone call ... Family emergency

In car w family w kids... And have him on the Bluetooth..." Well ###### Jose I need this load off today( note this is a Christian based company)... And basically tells me my job or family... I chose my family of course!!So I do what I gotta

Do for the fam.. and rush the entire time cause I don't want to let my job down either ... So I get to the place around 1 and the guy tells me.. I told your boss I was just gonna take your load off tomorrow!!!!

Wait so my boss just cussed me out for no reason and urging me to pull the load off... I'm a very nice guy so the forklift driver still upset just goes ahead and unloads me... I call fleet manager to let him know that the guy did tell him tomorrow but he unloaded me. But he tells me ok.. I got someone going to pick up your truck let me know where you'll park it Nd leave key ... I'm fired!!!! No thank you no sit down... Nothing just flat out fired!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Sounds to me there was room for improvement on both party's part.

average joe and josevargas342 Thank this.
  6. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    Maybe McElroy wasn't for you Jose too many personal and driving issues. Find another company and rule#1 never trust a company 100%. You should have double check to make sure ticket was paid since they supposedly deducted the money back from your check

josevargas342 Thanks this.
  7. josevargas342

May 20, 2015
    True ... But man it's way more than just that. Don't get me wrong company is good for a starter but just to start out... To let you know how hard I was working... I was pulling 1000-1200 weekly maybe more when the loads were good.. just want to let everyone know my story and how wrong this "Christian based company" is even when they put "road Chaplin" stickers on their truck and some of those guys are douches, they use the Lord to get new drivers and for other drivers to stay... Some of these drivers will lie to your face about McElroy, and I've seen trainers do this!! I was the only guy ever to go around helping my fellow co workers with their loads when I had time or I was just waiting on my load.. and other drivers lazy looking @ me as if I was an idiot.. I didn't care cause I did it anyway I was always polite and professional!!! Oh man I can go for days on this company.. but you guys get the point.. a lot of people quit,

8. josevargas342

May 20, 2015
    My buddy gave his two weeks notice not too long ago, and the next day they fired him. Good guy never had any accidents or any problems... You tell me if that's rude

9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    20 years expierence.. You know too much.
    You can't be conned,lied to,ripped off and forced to
    Shuttle trailers around a big city all day for 75 bucks.

In other words you know how to say hell no I'm not
    Doing that crap. They know they can't control you.

10. gascanexplode

gascanexplode Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Charlotte, NC
    thats why ive never given a notice at any job ive ever quit. #### them. I do a job, they pay me for it. Why would i work for another two weeks at a job I want to leave in the first place? LOL!

11. average joe

average joe Medium Load Member

Jan 11, 2009
    If they thought they could get 10 years out of anybody they would get hired on the spot, their hoping the get 10 weeks before they wise up and quit.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.