McElroy Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Lone Star Trucker, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Lone Star Trucker

Lone Star Trucker Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Cedar Park, TX
    I have been out of trucking for a couple of years and was looking at McElroy. I have experience pulling a Dry Van but decided to give Flatbed a shot. I need to get some information on this company so I can decide whether or not I want to apply. I would be out of the terminal in Ennis, TX. I am being told that I would spend alot of time in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. I'm from Austin, TX so that would be alright as long as I am making some money. If anyone can pass on their experiences with McElroy, that would be great. Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skater

Skater Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2015
    Atlanta, GA
    Worked for McElroy for a while. What kind of info you need?

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. newstart101

newstart101 Bobtail Member

Nov 19, 2014
    SORRY TO JUMP IN HOW LONG IS THE HIRING PROCESS AND WHAT ARE THE MILES AND BUSINESS SIDE SUCH AS CONSISTENT FREIGHT LIKE?

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Waggoners Trucking Co. just started hiring new CDL grads. I've seen their trucks on the road for decades. Is this company something you would be interested in? On the website they haul all types of flatbed freight including oil field supplies, sprinter vans out of South Carolina, and lots of other stuff.

6. patriotusa17

patriotusa17 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2015
    Virginia
    I've heard that if piss them off, they will screw you on your DAC report. And I'm wondering if they are otherwise good on their word as far pay, region driving (mid-eastern seaboard) forced driving, that sort of thing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.