melton 2014 update

Discussion in 'Melton' started by dontbleedblue, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Triad

Triad Light Load Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Spent Sunday/Monday/Tuesday in Laredo... Wednesday/Thursday in Tulsa. Finally out of these #### terminals tomorrow with a 1600 mile two-stopper to Delaware and Massachusetts for Monday. Gotta go through NYC again, but at least it's just right through instead of in to Long Island like last time.

Just one problem...

So I show up at the shipper and see people getting some pretty simple, straightforward stuff. Metal tubes, the posts for chainlink fence. I go in. Some guy on a forklift tells me to stop here. Okay. Then he starts just dumping random trash on my trailer. It looks like he's literally going out back to the dumpster, wrapping stuff in trash bags and throwing it on my trailer randomly. Says it's my load. I can't wait for them to try to sort this mess out at the first stop. I just threw lots of straps on it, did a little Indian dance and hoped nothing would try to unload its self before I get to Delaware. Still, not a terrible load as long as they can get me out of the northeast relatively quickly. Hopefully another nice westbound load out of Nucor in CT.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mrh2008

Mrh2008 Road Train Member

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    Well, middle of April and I'm shut down in Cheyenne for snow/ice. 80 is closed.

4. cygnus

cygnus Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    ocala, fl
    Ha ha I'm nice and warm in shorts at home have fun doug

5. Mrh2008

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    Well, I'll be doing that next week. For the whole week. 7 days off!

6. cygnus

cygnus Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2013
    ocala, fl
    Yea well I got my tankers endorsement and there is a local job 2.5 miles from my house and my lady just bought a husky pup so I maybe going local soon

7. Mrh2008

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    Must be nice! I was offered a local hazmat tanker job a couple months ago but they passed me up when I told them I wouldn't leave Melton without giving notice. I have all endorsements except passenger.

8. Flatbedn

Flatbedn Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Missouri
    80 degrees and sunny in Birmingham. Keep the snow/ice away!

9. Army91W

Army91W Heavy Load Member

Nov 3, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Sucks about the weather. If it makes you feel better I've been layed over all wknd in PA.

10. Mrh2008

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    So, 80 opened up yesterday and I took off. Made it a whole 50 miles.

11. Mrh2008

May 25, 2012
    Mesa, AZ
    And here it is! This was my experience in wyoming the other day. I wasn't hit, and I didn't hit anyone. I walked about 1/4 mile back checking on people before I turned around. I counted 18 trucks and 4 cars. News article says at least 47 vehicles involved. I stuck around for a couple hours trying to help.

http://www.sweetwaternow.com/westbound-80-opens-47-vehicle-crash-causes-closure/

It started out as a flatbed and refer getting tangled up and taking out a dry van together. Blocking both lanes. The other side was warning us on the CB, but I guess most of those drivers didn't hear it for one reason or another.

I stopped recording when I got to the white truck that was ripped open. He smashed a car into the back of another trailer.

http://youtu.be/jmT_kmdLmMQ

I sent Noggin some pictures, maybe he'll get them up here. I can't figure out how to do it from my phone.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.