Mesilla Valley Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Emma63, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Emma63

Emma63 Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Mesilla valley maintains their equipment well they run the miles, the el paso dispatch team is awesome at keeping their fleet rolling, the only thing have found wrong with Mesilla valley is the trip planners dig deep in the pockets of the owners but the drivers generally get treated excellent by the owners who were drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trkrjim

trkrjim Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Iowa City, IA
    Saw a craigslist ad in Tucson for MVT. said there was a pay raise. Any idea what the pay is for very experienced drivers?

4. trkrjim

trkrjim Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Iowa City, IA
    Wow! How can they be that ate up driving as slow as they do?

5. Christine AZ

Christine AZ Bobtail Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I don't understand how you can be so excited about MVT with 24 years experience. My partner just found out that he was 800 miles short of the 35K required miles to get the $1,000 bonus for getting over 9 mpg (he had over 9.5 mpg). He only comes home every 4 or 5 weeks for 4 or 5 days.

Admittedly, he should have ignored the mpg and floored it and he should have added up all paid miles so he would have known to take even less time off. Every few weeks he got a new dispatcher. He was supposed to get mostly drop and hooks, yet often has to wait endless hours to get loaded and unloaded, 90% of the time with NO pay whatsoever. I think one time he got $30 or so for a 7 hour wait.

MVT is also highly disorganized, right now he's sitting with a load he just picked up because he doesn't have the hours to deliver it (he told them he's short on hours before accepting the load). Their software is apparently not capable of telling dispatch how many hours a driver has.

His pay check does NOT show the year-to-date miles or pay.

Very frustrating and he won't be there much longer. The anticipated bonus was the ONE thing that kept him driving for MVT.

6. Rockwyrm

Rockwyrm Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I wouldn't join any company for the bonuses. And the pay they just offered me was .40cpm. Iam still checking them out. living in New Mexico limits the available companies to work for.

7. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Looks like it's mostly seat belt violations.

8. Pasquale

Pasquale Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Big company with high profit margins not the least worried about a driver.

Christine AZ Thanks this.
  9. double yellow

double yellow Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    State of Jefferson
    See a lot of the same plate #'s getting bad violations too. Exampe:

YAGV785

12/2012 failure to obey traffic control device
    6/2013 speeding 6-10 over
    7/2013 speeding 10-15 over
    7/2013 using handheld cellphone while driving

10. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Sounds like some hoops to jump through for $1000. 9mpg? So what would you have to do? drive slow, zero idling?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.