Middle finger to TA in Indio CA

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by razor1983, Apr 29, 2015.

1. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    They removed all the air hoses at the fuel pumps, so I go up to the shop to ask if I can use theirs. No can do! new policy drivers not allowed to air up their own tires. Go inside to ask the shop manager, its only one trailer tire low 20psi. He says we'll do it for you for $28.99!!!, I tell him that's $1.50 per psi of air, and it takes no more than 2 minutes. He says its flat fee. I turn around and walk out of there laughing.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sherlock510

sherlock510 Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2011
    Intercontinental.
    Lol It's big business man, nothin from those people is free.

4. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Does that include the "labor" for the "mechanic" to figure out how to do it? ...lol

If I was there I'd let a fellow driver use the glad hand air hose I carry ... Only charge ya half price what the shop wants! ... Lol jk

5. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    I know right, couple of years ago I asked one of their shops just to knock loose a seized up bolt on the mudflap hanger with impact wrench. The guy had the gall to tell me its minimum half hour labor rate of 50 dollars. And I bought the hanger from em for $40

6. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    Yeah I don't like that TA even though its one of my regular stops for a quick bite and a rest period. I usually only get quick food there. The Fork in the road diner sucks. (Cute waitresses, but you can't taste them)

7. reefer101

reefer101 Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2014
    buy that hose that connects to trailer air and pump your tires anywhere with truck air

8. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
    they see love's maken money on tire check...and they want some..

9. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Not saying its right, but in the shop, there's liability to consider, Now if they have a hose that will reach to you outside of the shop, then finger away, and yes! it's total BS they removed the hoses from the pump

Yes it does, which is why when I was OTR, I carried one on my truck, There not that expenssive, that and a air pressure gauge, need to check air? wala, can do it from where ever i'm parked

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
  10. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    all ta have or are removing the air from the fuel islands, why expense to repair weekly, due to truckers not taking care of the hoses.

SHO-TYME Thanks this.
  11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I carry a good quality rubber air hose (not the cheap ones the truckstops sell). Have quick disconnnects on both ends, with a long air chuck that will reach in where I need it to and a glad hand both also with quick disconnects. Yes, it may sometimes be a hassle but you don't have to deal with truckstops to air a tire.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.