Miles per week

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by Gypsy27, Oct 22, 2015.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Probably the same being we haul anything that can be hauled. Living in SC the flooding kept mile down for a week then sky rocketed. After people get their tax checks I will pick up nicely as well as post xmas sells etc. Just did a run of 39,000 lbs of canned pumpkins I know for Thanksgiving but still I personally know the buyers and surprised of this big of a order. I couldn't convince them to let me take my 34 at home after the load though

....but I did opt out of the last 45 miles of it being I have driven 13 straight days. FM wasn't happy but I could care less right now a little pissed of the 13 straight days after I asked for a reset at one of our full service facilities and got no reset at all. I think the fill in FM dropped the ball on this one so not blaming Averitt but I am looking local about now since I have my year in or very close, I wasn't keeping track of hire date etc. Long enough to peak interest from other companies though.

bamamac Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    This is for any current Averitt driver. Considering your time with Averitt would you do it all over again? I live in Cleveland, TN and strongly them. Thanks

4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Yes no regrets here, Also you live in the Heart Averitt territory. They train you like companies should and compensate very well not just for training but detention, raise every quarter etc. Just understand regional means the freight originated in those states but at most maybe 35 states are run. Feel free to PM me with any questions, concerns etc.

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  5. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Thank you very much, sir!

6. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
  7. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Had about 1700 my first week and just hit 3000 for my second week with Averitt. Second week was all tight, hot runs. Back to back 600+ mile runs that have only 11-12 hrs from pickup to delivery. Also a multi stop Petsmart run that had a pickup time of 1030 pm and the last delivery at 1100am. Wouldn't have been so tight but the DC is a little over an hour drive from the SVC. Also a 1000 mile trip from Port Aurthur, TX to Chicago. A lot of hitting SB on your log as soon as the wheels stop and logging pre trip while the guard is checking your seal while exiting the gate.

8. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You will learn to hate PetCo if you have delivered there if not you get to assist. I see you are learning to manage your time. That will get you and keep you with good miles. Knowing how to work the clocks, actually willing to work and a decent FM will get you a lot of miles.

9. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    Pulled petco last week after I delivered that Tuesday Morning from Dallas. Sucked balls. Nothing like a pallet of dog food trying to chase you down hill out of the trailer. Petsmart is better, they unload.

10. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I have become quit good at dropping the petco loads I pick up at the warehouse and dropping for another poor soul to deliver. @Flareblitz makes more Jersey runs than me and I think he is quite good at that also. Never been to the one in El Paso but heard it is the worst to deal with.

11. Charlyb715

Oct 5, 2015
    I grabbed petco out of Atlanta and delivered in Louisiana. First wasn't bad with the hydraulic lift dock but Shreveport sucked with the inclined dock.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.