Millis chat room

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Sully72, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Old - School

Old - School Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Good luck L.B. Have fun.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lil C

Lil C Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2015
    What kinda miles are regional drivers getting ?

4. Lil C

Lil C Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2015
    I live near the cartersville terminal. Just was curious what's the average miles a week was for a hard worker not the slacker

5. Finalsomnia

Finalsomnia Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Woodstock, GA
    I'm kinda wondering that too. I'm OTR with Millis now, but I live 30 minutes from the Cartersville terminal and am considering going to regional.

6. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    when I was there it was between 1700 and 2200 most weeks. But that was a couple of years ago.

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Is it fairly easy to get regional as soon as your solo?

8. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    It wasn't too hard to do back then. If they have an opening, you can get it for the most part. I didn't like the Regional trucks though. No storage except under the bed and you get a cooler instead of a refrigerator. Those two things alone were inconvenient. Regional will usually keep you go for the full 14 hour clock on most days. So, you work harder for less pay. Yes, you get home every weekend but in the end, is it worth what you give up for it?

SHOJim Thanks this.
  9. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    regional freight in the GA area seems to have picked up since I worked for Millis a couple of years ago. I came straight back to regional when I came back and the other two experienced drivers in my orientation went straight to regional so getting regional straight away shouldn't be hard. That being said, I've always said they going OTR is beneficial to gain experience before switching to regional. Regional is fast paced, there is no hand holding and you are expected to know what you are doing from day one. The learning curve is steep and if you have issues you will not be maximizing your miles until you are up to speed.

I have been right around 2500 miles a week since I came back. Thats up from the 2100-2200 miles I was doing a couple years ago.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  10. Lil C

Lil C Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2015
    Thanks LB, f-150 and solo that's helpful info. What kinda milage does otr usually get.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  11. Sapper1313

Sapper1313 Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2013
    What is Millis hiring area?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.