Millis transfer named top paying carrier

Discussion in 'Millis' started by Opus, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Hitman and sapamil Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. curtiscurse

curtiscurse Light Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    dayton, ohio
    "Thats why were the best, not the rest"

rubberducky68 Thanks this.
  4. ricrey99

ricrey99 Medium Load Member

Sep 8, 2011
    East Central Illinois
    LOL, you couldn't stand it could you!:biggrin_2559:

5. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    I think this says a lot for Millis.

platinum Thanks this.
  6. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Trust me Millis is not perfect and neither is any company. However pay per mile, average miles ran, mileage bonus at 2000, 2500 and 3000 not to mention quarterly safety bonus based on safe miles ran can really add to your income.

Oh and I forgot the yearly safety bonus based on all miles ran for the year. No one else does that!

Some will advertise more per mile - but you wont run the miles with them. Spend just a few hrs in a truck stop and you'll quickly learn Millis is a good place to work.

7. Handymandan

Handymandan Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2011
    Acworth,Ga
    I'm a new driver and can't speak for other companies pay buy Millis pay starting out is #### good. I checked around with about 25 companies and most said the first year you would make around 34 grand a year. Millis if you run you should hit around 51 grand. For just starting out is not bad. I started driving just before Christmas and each week I'm around 3300 to 3500 miles. I speak with drivers all over and most aren't happy with their miles and beg for more each week. Ask any Millis driver average miles 2500 - 2800. I agree with Baritone about no company is perfect but when your making money people can over look small problems.

platinum and ricrey99 Thank this.
  8. Bear63

Bear63 Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Northern KY
    51k isn't likely for the first couple of years unless you live in your truck 24/7. You're at the bottom of the pay scale, holidays, home time, and just plain waiting for loads.
    I myself hit almost 42k last year for my first complete year out. I can't really say I busted my butt for it. I took home time regularly, 2 weeks vacation, etc..

Not saying 51k isn't possible, just not likely in my opinion. Drive hard and drive safe and you will do well.

9. Pneuma911

Pneuma911 Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2015
    I have a question about the miles you would get on southeast regional compared to OTR. Would regional be decent miles?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.