Mind made up signed on the dotted line with JBS

Discussion in 'JBS Trucking' started by Truckin2Eat, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Sign with Jbs will attend school at Road Master for company paid training through Jbs then will do my 6 to 8 weeks training with trainer will keep updates after first week of class

PurpleMama and Wanderingaimlessly Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good for you, keep up the good work.

Truckin2Eat Thanks this.
  4. Aireal

Aireal Medium Load Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Garden City, TX
    Good luck.

Truckin2Eat Thanks this.
  5. BigRigJoe

BigRigJoe Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I hope Roadmaster trains you thoroughly, and be prepared to be pushed back a week or two beyond your expected graduation date. Also there's the fees they make you pay for: permit $16, Physical/drug test $110, and if you pass the CDL $30. If you fail the CDL its $100 out of your pocket to retake the test or $175 if you're using the test sites truck. And getting rescheduled is a major pain/delay. they might be booked up at every site and have to work you in somehow or another. thats where getting delayed and pushed back a week or 2 comes into play. All those fees are not included in the tuition. even though you're paying around $5k or more. I quit my job because i felt i couldn't pull off the weekend classes and retain the information, but that might be an option if your struggling for cash. If your out of town you also got to figure in the hotel accommodations, they will cover you for 3 weeks included in the tuition, but if you go over, you're responsible for every day/night afterwards. That can be costly!!! my buddy's racked up a pretty good chunk being pushed back just a week.

We also had a difficult time getting the one on one training, the classes were so packed that there wasn't enough instructors.
    Most of them really didnt have the patience to teach anyways and were definitely in the wrong line of work.
    There were some guys/instructors that went the extra mile for you though. I had learned alot just from the students believe it or not. I Wish you the best of luck, I just graduated and signed with JBS before I started classes.

6. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Road Master wants me to pay them back. For the hotel fees.

7. BigRigJoe

BigRigJoe Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    not surprised, they added it on to your loan?

8. Searcher1

Searcher1 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Bedford, IN
    As I recall JBS pays the cash rate for the class but not the accomodations so if RM financed your room and board you will be liable for that. You'll just have to come to some sort of payment agreement with RM. I'm sure it's not the first time a student had to pay back R&B in installments

9. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    I visited RM last week to inquire about some refresher courses and got really irritated with Gal with how she was pushinh JBS. They must have a pretty good recruiting bonus

10. huntlola

huntlola Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2013
    I'll tell u just go with cr england. at least they dnt make u pay for hotels. it rough bt if u stay with thm a year u will pay off yr $3200 tuition. i mean 5grand and u still gtta worry abt hotels and all tht other

11. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Went with central,on my last week of training with trainer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.