Missing icons?

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by lovesthedrive, Jul 26, 2015.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Ok I have purged my cache, when I purge I purge all history so it is completely clean. I even purged the flash history. Yet still I am stuck with this. Reloading doesnt help. Checking ads blocking plus there is nothing being blocked. Go into safe mode and relaunching the browser, I still get the cute little rectangles. As you can see, the mouse over works.
    disturbing.jpg

Admin Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    40 views and zero help. Time to get MT's hammer and see if anyone notices this thread if I start beating on the servers.

4. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Looks like you're using windows 96. Does your pc even load emojis?
    Have they ever been avaliable?

Admin Thanks this.
  5. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    I see what you're talking about it, but I am not aware of anyone else having these issues.
    I just checked in Safari and in Firefox and mine are both working. I can't help but wonder if it's due to the version of windows and the browser your using.

Admin Thanks this.
  6. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    LTD, are you sure you don't have some kind of pop-up blocker working, or maybe have Javascript disabled? Looking in the lower left of your screenshot, it appears that you have the javascript:void error.

Admin Thanks this.
  7. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I didn't even know anyone still had windows 96. That's even crazier than not icons....

8. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    It is win 7, 64 bit. There is no javascript error on my windows. The flag is there as it is on all machines. I choose not to hide any icons from my taskbar. The flag is for "Action Control" clicking on it it says "No current actions detected".

Restarting firefox in safe mode disables all add ons and runs firefox in the factory default settings mode.

9. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Okay, I see now - you're getting the javascript:void(null) message only with the mouseover. I tried several different ways to replicate your problem with Windows 7 and Firefox and I couldn't do it. When did this start happening?

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Admin Thanks this.
  10. TAfool

TAfool Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2012
    Need an isolation test. Try opening the page in Chrome, IE or another browser. No problem? Then you know its a browser setting issue in Firefox and can go from there.

Admin and bullhaulerswife Thank this.
  11. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    LTD, I've looked through the bug reports on Xenforo, I cannot find an answer. Is this consistently happening? Or just occasionally?

Admin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.