my 6 year old East step deck frame is cracked

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by allan5oh, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    I think I would find someone local to weld it up, then take it to another dealer and trade it off.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    East has agreed to fix it for free due to "defects from the time of manufacture".

Only problem is now I have to flatdeck it to Randolph, OH, about 1250 miles away.

Junkyard Johnney Thanks this.
  4. wideload

wideload Heavy Load Member

Sep 1, 2012
    in the granny lane
    as much as that might suck its a heck of a lot cheaper then $13,000

5. Junkyard Johnney

Junkyard Johnney Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    So it has taken them 5 weeks to take care of this problem for you? Not a very good showing, but at least they are going to do it. Been watching to see if anything new has come up, good thing you had access to another unit so you could work. Maybe some pics of the repair when you get it back, I would sure be interested.
    Thanks J-J

The Challenger and daf105paccar Thank this.
  6. tardhntr

tardhntr Bobtail Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Your pretty lucky because a friend has an '06 East step crack and East wouldn't fix it. When he called and said his step was cracked the salesman guessed what year it was without him saying. Ended up taking it to Ravens in Dover OH and they repaired it and he said its a totally different trailer. Carries the load better than it did new.

Moral of the story......Buy a Mac!

7. allan5oh

allan5oh Road Train Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Winnipeg, mb
    Not very good no, they got back to me on Monday last week. I did over 4000 miles in 6.5 days so I didn't have time to come on here.

Early last year I had problems with the main wiring harness on the trailer. I was constantly blowing fuses in the truck. The harness had an internal short. It took them 4 weeks to get that fixed.

8. Junkyard Johnney

Junkyard Johnney Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    Plains,Mt
    Hey gotta run miles to pay the bills thats what it is all about, I know what you mean on these wiring harnesses. Had trouble on my 05 Reinke on the tail end and the mechanic told me when I get time to take a big bolt cutter and hack all that junk off and just hardwire it in , his words. After getting under there and looking at what he was talking about I started eyeballing my bolt cutters, haven't got to it yet. Not sure why it takes them so long to get stuff done, this mech had a mobile truck and he knew exactly what he was up to when he got under there, no wasted time. Hope things get back to what we consider normal for ya soon.
    J-J

The Challenger Thanks this.
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    In the pnuematic world we have our trailer re-welded frequently, not a big deal. as earlier mentioned if in a high stress area add a gusset plate to relieve the stress. DOT will shut you down for any cracked welds if they see them.

10. ralph

ralph Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2009
    At The Key Board
    Leave Friday night, be there Monday am>Less chance of crossing a scale.

11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Could you ship it on your existing flatbed??

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.