My CDL school rant

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by maverick88, Aug 28, 2015.

1. maverick88

maverick88 Light Load Member

Nov 21, 2012
    So last night I had class, this past week was watching a ton of videos getting ready to take the written test. Last night I took general knowledge, air brakes, double and triples and combo. Passed all.

The problem I have is, you watch the DVD then take a practice test. Watched a video on doubles and triples and then took a test, missed 4, when i reviewed the ones I missed I was shocked!! The 4 missed were taken right from the video, Now I have a memory longer then a gold fish and can retain info longer then 2 mins.

I questioned the instructor/owner and said that I answered them correctly according to the DVD, well they don't like to be told their wrong so it was pointless. I said, watch the video and you'll see. Well that didn't work so I figured what ever. Its a practice but the issue I have is if there going to sit you down and watch DVD's for a week for 4 hours and charge you 4K I would like to know the correct info. There info is wrong and I was just pissed that they wouldn't listen or even take the time to watch 5 mins of the DVD where I got the test questions from because it was late and I am the only student in class and they wanted to go home, hell they were locking the doors while I was asking questions. I felt like I was intruding and being pushed out the door.

I didn't want to come off as a Know it all because I am not but maybe they need to watch their own videos and catch miss takes if their going to use DVD's to get the students to pass the written!!!

I am seriously thinking of stopping and going to a different school, or am I over reacting and just get the written done and move forward???

Sorry for the rant but this was still bugging me this morning and had to vent.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    If you have enough knowledge to pass the test and you know the correct answers then Just worrie about yourself. You're entering a game with a blindfold and remember nobody out here cares for you. They care for your money and their own lives.

4. DoubleO7

DoubleO7 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Well, you passed. You will face much bigger injustices in trucking as time goes on. Don't mean to be an A Hole, but these things happen.

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  5. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    I know that I can pass the written and didn't want to come off as a whiner because I know I have more hurdles ahead. Just had to rant and vent a little.

6. DoubleO7

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

OK. I recommend the temptation to hang around the driver's lounges complaining all the time. Worse things are coming your way.

That girl rocks Thanks this.
  7. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    Oh wow, complaining all the time?
    Oh wow, really? Complaint all the time?

8. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    it's not complaining its voicing a concern. If a school is going to use this method to teach how to pass the written then they better #### well have their information correct. I am paying this school to help me get my CDL if I have a concern about test questions being wrong then I have every right to voice my concern.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  9. DoubleO7

Aug 21, 2015
    Southern Illinois

Complaining can be justified or unjustified. I have two degrees, and have seen things like that happen in more sophisticated learning institutions than a truck driving school. No one here can help you with that, I would suggest discussing the matter further with someone at your school. When you get out and get a job, you will face much bigger injustices.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    When can you actually get the CDL? Start thinking about companies you want to work for. You can pass the tests and you can't change school policy or curriculum or sloppy teaching. Just move on; you will be OK.
    You think you have it bad; I spend time in China and see people actually get a 4 year degree in arts & crafts. That's true! Their pinnacle in life will be having their own booth at a flea market. What you're doing is a piece of cake considering you're taking a few weekend classes and can jump right into a $60K+ job. Look at the positives!

11. maverick88

Nov 21, 2012
    Thanks Chinatown, I am pushing forward, taking the written next Wednesday and then my DOT drug test and physical.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.