My experience at SWIFT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Unknown0453, Dec 20, 2015.

1. asmmm6

asmmm6 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2014
    ga

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    High turnover is no excuse for terminating lazy employees or crooked ones

4. asmmm6

asmmm6 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2014
    ga
    Yes, Swift is really ####ty! Some of the same happened to me. I hate driving with black drivers. Their music is not palatable to most white people. Seems like those in charge just don't get that.

5. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I think that's a terrible stereotype

My trainer at Swift was a black man and by far one of the nicest people I've met. We rocked out to Queen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and every country artist you could name.

Like they say, "thug isn't a color, it's a personality" Plenty of white drivers would've put you through the same thing.

6. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    I had no idea catering to your music choices was such a priority when operating an 80,000 lb vehicle safely is normally the primary concern with most people

Sneakerfix Thanks this.
  7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Sounds like a normal day of trucking...

Florida Playboy Thanks this.
  8. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Good thing you don't park next to me. I like to listen to Classic Hip Hop on XM while I sit and do paperwork.

"Don't push me cuz I'm close to the edge! I'm tryin' not to lose my head!"

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There's a bar near here where I've enjoyed my fair share of cold ones with this one black man whose neck was redder than mine.

He laughed at my jokes and didn't like the "rap" crap. That was good enough for me.

I would also call that a "culture". "Thug culture" doesn't know color boundaries.

CasanovaCruiser Thanks this.
  10. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Don't talk to me I am not making that excuse. I just saying what is, is!

The deal is, the piece-work system of pay in trucking (pay by the mile), does nothing but encourage this type of behavior. A million and one excuses can be made up for why one driver gets paid more than another. The real reason, the bribe, is harder than hell to trace down. There is no way any employer can check what some dispatcher, manger, or planner gets in the mail. Even with camaras in the office there are a million ways you can pass on c-note undetected.

The result is you get offices full of dishonesty. You get 100% driver turnover. As example:

With all the cream dispatched to the dishonest, the good honest driver is left with the 300mile crap with a 2 or 3 day delivery, that doesn't add up to ####. He looks for greener pastures and who could blame him. That is why turnover is 100%. That is why Swift is filled up with dishonest employees, crappy drivers, and has the reputation it does.

11. Zelda K

Zelda K Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2015
    Uh Casanova? Ya got a dog in this race? I see you sitting behind a desk...hmmm.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.