My new adventure with PTL

Discussion in 'PTL' started by DenaliDad, Jul 10, 2015.

1. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

And I just had my first ever load refusal because I was late. Kroger who, according to the driver next to me, is very picky about delivery times. Oh well. I only get paid 1 mile for this trip even though I drove 40.

I will return in the morning at 0530. And you know I'll be there!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DenaliDad

I've been sitting here at one of the Love's in the Houston area and I have to say I've never seen such a mass of trucks, angry drivers, and people wanting their vehicles cleaned at the truck wash. The parking lot is jammed, the access ways are jammed, highway horns are blaring, drivers are almost speeding to get in line...

And it's not even noon yet. I am glad I have my space, snug, secure, and cool!

4. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Don't be too early or they will turn you around due to lack of room. Plan on arriving at the guard shack 10 minutes or so before your appointment.

DenaliDad Thanks this.
  5. DenaliDad

Oh, how things change. I'm off the Kroger load and off my break, taking a heavy load of non-hazmat stuff to Mississippi, starting at 2330 tonight. 8 hours overnight.

Good thing I love driving at night.

88 Alpha Thanks this.
  6. DenaliDad

And here I sit at a TA at 2:00 pm, waiting for my departure for the paper place tonight. Once again, I've run out of time just in time. No HOS violations, no squawking Qualcomm box, no messages from Logs or Safety.

But I am kind of getting tired of these solar-powered sleep sessions. However, it's not all bad; I do like no traffic on roads at night and I have good curtains and an APU that works, so quiet and cold is my small, enclosed world.

7. DenaliDad

2,700 miles this pay check. My Western Express self is very jealous. Awww....poor baby.

8. TruckerWife630

TruckerWife630 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Alabama
    I'm hoping my hubby gets mikes like that with McElroy! After training, of course! The owner, DM supervisor & Safety Supervisor called him from Western on a 4-way today trying to get him to go back! Supposedly 45 drivers quit this week & many trainees also left. They should have plenty of trucks with that DirecTv & wifi ready for the next batch of suckers! They even offered Nick or Zeke as DM & a brand new Freightliner, 0 miles, with the TV stuff. The drivers they still have should be getting good miles now! Ha! 7 paychecks & none hit $700. We'll see what this one I as he told the owner he was still owed $75 for tarp pays he didn't get, plus layover pay he was told he'd get. I think there is suppose to be $105 layover pay on this (last) check for getting screwed last weekend. Looking forward to better things! Surely they can't be worse! One of hubby's friends left & went BACK to Swift!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Humph. Lightweight.

popcorn169, DenaliDad and Bumper Thank this.
  10. DenaliDad

I'm not competing with anyone. These miles are good for me.

Kropotkin75 and popcorn169 Thank this.
  11. DenaliDad

Western has to figure out what's wrong with themselves and work on it. Brand new, zero-miles trucks with a TV setup are wasted if the employees are treated the way they are.

I'm making much more and I'm not chasing miles. I'm relaxed and enjoying what I do. I don't think I ever had two "good" days in a row at Western. And nobody called me to come back to them. Awww...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    popcorn169, tow614 and TruckerWife630 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.