My PTL Experience Log

Discussion in 'PTL' started by Big Ugly, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Big Ugly

Big Ugly Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    All the Prostars have satellite radio built in & I believe the Cascadias do too. So update your subscription & done. All trucks also have an inverter installed so I think your recruiter was confused. You can use a small 12v inverter too if you want up to 300w. The shop will even install a refrigerator for you if you want & provide it. So no worries all around.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VolunteerTrucker

VolunteerTrucker Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    Big Ugly, does your home time stack up if you stay out a couple months at a time?

4. justannanow

justannanow Bobtail Member

Feb 14, 2015
    Left home for Murray Kentucky. I start orientation on Monday. I am so grateful that I get that second chance and get to hit the road again.

5. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    anybody know ptl's hiring areas? went to the website and says they don't hire outa Texas, could have sworn they had a yard in laredo dunno.

6. Arkansas

Arkansas Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2014
    LA- Lower Arkansas
    They do have a yard in Laredo.

7. Big Ugly

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Ok I'll take these from the top.

Home time does not stack up that I'm aware of. I always take mine so I could be giving wrong information. I can tell you I've been off the road for a nine day stretch last October due to a death in the family & nobody said a word & I kept my truck. I took five days home time & as I was leaving I stayed an extra four days after to attend a funeral. No issues at all.

As for the hiring area. PTL does have several drops yards all over Texas. Brownsville, Laredo, El Paso, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston just to name a few. If you live in Laredo I'm pretty sure you could get hired on. I'm not aware of any restrictions dealing with South Texas & hiring. It's more New England & the Upper Midwest PTL doesn't recruit out of due to the limited freight we haul into those areas. But for sure a recruiter will better answer those questions so give them a call. The website hasn't really been
    updated in some time so the information may not be accurate.

8. getlow

getlow Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2015
    PTL is the worst company i ever seen they lie lie lie and then lie lie lie they lie so bad they broke there own contract thats a shame all driver stay away unless thats the only place you can go and i still would tell you run

9. Big Ugly

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Feel free to post questions or useful comments here but keep it on topic. Complaints about PTL are yours to have but put them in your own thread. Thank you.

10. Alatorian

Alatorian Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2012
    Big Ugly, have you run into many team drivers there at PTL? I spoke with a recruiter and he said they do hire teams, but not that many. He then went on to say we could expect 6k miles per week. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what are the benefits like there?

Thanks ahead of time for your response.

11. Big Ugly

Feb 9, 2014
    North Carolina
    Yes there are teams but not very many. They have some policies regarding where teams live & they have to live close together etc. Recruiting can tell you more on that as my knowledge is limited. And teams run big miles. 6000 easy & I'd wager probably more. Lots of benefits that are comparable to other companies. The website lists them. Insurance is good & not too costly.

Leftnut and Alatorian Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.