My Start with the Big Orange

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by harlycharly55, Aug 15, 2014.

1. harlycharly55

harlycharly55 Medium Load Member

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Trailer tire decided it wanted to part company, Big Spring, Tx. Limped into the TA got a replacement. Made it to Dallas OC Sat, lots of rain but no load out! Sun get dispatch to bobtail to Houston OC, WTF! Get a load Mon to goto Freeport, LLD, then take it to Baytown! Again WTF! A whopping 180 miles total for the day!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    ive been sitting at the houston oc since friday afternoon along with a bunch of other drivers. i never had issues getting a load out of here, cant believe how dead it is right now.

4. harlycharly55

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Well since my last post I picked up a trailer in Houston that had partial load took it to El Paso to just have it rejected. Took the rejected load to Louisiana to return it to shipper. Sat in Louisiana for 2 days picked up another new load of same product went back to El Paso and Odessa, then back to Houston. Now I'm pickup in Freeport, then off to Phoenix, so I've been moving pretty good, but miles are still lower than I could run, have had 8 layover days in 6weeks!

5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Just heard an ad for Bulk today saying that SNI is raising their bulk pay by .05. They REALLY must be struggling to keep people.

Glad you're staying somewhat busy. I hope you can find a nice private company to haul for. We haul our own products. Out loaded, back empty. No appointments, No bs(well, it is trucking lol, so there is some) I still run either just under or over 3000 miles a week at, on average, .49 cpm, not including accessory pay. If you can stick through it, there's some amazing jobs out there for us yankers

6. harlycharly55

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Well still doing OK, plugging along, I keep hoping they will get this "WorkF'ing(S)LOW" figured out, and I can't figure why they want to continue hiring more drivers for Bulk, they don't seem to have enough for us right now! Sitting in Atoka, OK for the night, heading to Gonzales, Tx to deliver then back to Houston! And add another layover in there last weekend!

7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Hang in there, man.

harlycharly55 Thanks this.
  8. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    The issue isnt really workflow right now, its that they lost lots of business when they first switched.

Bunch of guys sitting around waiting for loads in coraopolis while they watch new recruits train... priceless.

9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I think once they get the workflow bugs ironed out, I'm quite sure it will get better...

10. harlycharly55

May 5, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Well I can say things are getting better, just hope it stays this way! Sept. 2 will be my first year, at that time I will be making a decision to either stay or move on. I have been saving as much as I can, hoping to by a NEW truck, don't like the way Schneider does the lease purchase, or any body else's! I'm sitting at consignee in Dolton, IL getting unloaded. Be safe out there!

Puppage Thanks this.
  11. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Wow, a year already? Time is fly'n, man.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.