My TMC experience.

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Gunner75, Jul 1, 2014.

1. draker

draker Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2014
    System transport is union. I would run from that if I were you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Tmc does have rgns but only on the John Deere division. You need 2 yrs safe driving with them before they will let you on it. 900 to 1300 is very possible, depends on how efficient you are on your time management and how fast you pick up load securement and tarping.

PouringBeard Thanks this.
  4. BigMac1882

BigMac1882 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2015
    I've worked as a flatbed driver before hauling backhoes, tractors, oilfield equipment, etc... I'll see how they expect things to be done vs the way I've learned to do it already and make the changes needed.

5. JMurphy1

JMurphy1 Light Load Member

May 3, 2015
    CT
    Gunner75, et. al:

I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread, and can remember a good deal of it like it was yesterday. George was a trip, Mike was a character in Securement training, and sadly not there in that capacity, my trainer Mike H. is now the guy running that show. And I too did not care all that much for Randy's crass way of talking to people he only just met 5 minutes prior. All the trainers, instructors, recruiters, office staff, shop folks and support folks are great.

I started in orientation on June 22nd, 2014, only two weeks before you. My trainer lives in Des Moines, I spent the entire 5 weeks on the road with him, plus the two weeks of orientation away from home, add one week, my first week solo, picking up and dropping loads, before getting home... that was tough, but certainly well worth it!

I have been in my truck almost ten months now, in a 2013 388, nice rig (I don't particularly like the look of the 579's, though it's hard to pass up on the added room and features.

I am a US Navy Veteran also, 1981 to 1986, great times!!

Stay safe out there all of you...

Jim

WingNut72 and Gunner75 Thank this.
  6. Josh.w.smith

Josh.w.smith Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Hi can someone tell me how the freight is in Detroit Michigan I start my training on the 8th and I want to run long and hard possibly out for a few weeks at a time but I know it depends on freight thanks in advance !

7. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Lots of freight in and around michigan, if you want to run long and hard, then youll spend more time out and away.

8. Josh.w.smith

Josh.w.smith Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2015

Ok I'm just in it for the experience since this will be my first trucking job wanna make the best of it ...do they have any dedicated routes in Michigan ?

9. Gunner75

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    they have dedicated routes all over, but you wont get placed on one of those routes out of training. plus you seldom make as much as line haul.

10. truckerdave17

truckerdave17 Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2009
    st louis, mo
    I've been wanting to drive for TMC ever since I saw one of their trucks years ago. Best lookin trucks on the road aside from some owner ops custom trucks.

11. Erik Blazer

Erik Blazer Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Gunner, it has been with great joy that i just finished all 92 pages of your forum. Thank you very much for the time and energy that you invested into this. Thanks to all of our service members in this forum too. I will be starting school the 17th of Aug here in Oklahoma City. That is if the VA can get my Ch.33 going soon enough.. im on the edge of having to push back another week with school.. any ways i had a question at this time, didnt see much info on it. the whole time i have lived in oklahoma i dont think i have seen but one TMC truck and that was just a few weeks ago (could be that i was just not looking for them) the recruiter told me i would be a line haul. Does anyone know how the freight lanes work for the Oklahoma City area? i feel with two major interstates that it would be bustling with freight. im pretty excited to start. i have always wanted to do flat bedding, and TMC seems to have the best equipment and what i can tell the best recourses to let me thrive. im coming from the insurance adjuster world lol and before that i was working at target unloading trailers while serving in the Army National Guard for about 2 years before they gave me the option to hop out with the budget cuts :)

Gunner75 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.