Need help!

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by KeenCo, Oct 6, 2016.

1. KeenCo

KeenCo Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2016
    Need help! I just started a heavy haul company, KeenCO Transport, LLC
    I have a 2010 peterbilt 367, 18 speed with 550 hp is Cummins engine. Right after we purchased it and put a load behind it we noticed antifreeze shooting out of the over flow cap. We replaced the caps, cleaned out radiator took it to two shops. Eventually some thing caused the engine to start to lock up. We rebuilt the engine, replacing head gaskets, etc. For 2 weeks it was fine and now it's dumping antifreeze again. It's hard to tell what it's coming out of. We replaced over flow cap again. Any ideas? At this point we've had 2 shops and 4 mechanics look at it. Thermostat was replaced, fan clutch was looked at and is fine.
    I started the transport company under my husbands land clearing/construction company KeenCo, LLC so knowing what truck are "the good one's" it's very new to me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big John Classic HQ

Big John Classic HQ Light Load Member

May 21, 2015
    EGR cooler checked? Pressure check cooling system?
    Was head checked for cracks?
    Were new liners installed? If not could be a pin hole in a liner also. Hope this helps.

KeenCo Thanks this.
  4. QUALITYTRUCK

QUALITYTRUCK Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2009
    romulus,mi
    What did "we rebuilt the engine" consist of?

5. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    If it's puking juice, it sounds like it's building pressure from somewhere.....Pressure test the system when it's cold and see if you have any leak down....Sometimes a bad/improper rad cap will cause it to start puking too....What is the engine temp when it starts puking?....When you say the engine "locked up", what actually happened there?...

6. JKrabs

JKrabs Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2016
    You've got 3 major causes of this.

1 (Most common): The liners eroded the block and the liner protrusion is not right. If you did not cut and shim the block, you likely blew another head gasket.
    2: EGR cooler failure (pressure test the exhaust side of the EGR cooler, if it's failed you'll have air coming out of the coolant inlet/outlet.
    3: Air compressor failure (namely an air compressor head or headgasket failure). This can be diagnosed by the engine only pushing coolant when the compressor is building. Once the compressor cuts out, you won't be pushing coolant anymore.

Big John Classic HQ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.