Need info on Highway Chemical Transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by cherrybone, Jun 19, 2015.

1. GoVol

GoVol Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Georgia
    I am regional so I am in the truck 2 to 3 nights a week and home on weekends. No set schedule just depends on the loads and the customer receiving times. I am on the guaranteed pay for regional 65k per year.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rz14nj

rz14nj Light Load Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Are you guaranteed weekends off? thought i read somewhere you needed to commit to being available monday-saturday to get the guaranteed pay.

4. GoVol

GoVol Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Georgia
    Weekends are not guaranteed off. I have ran into a couple of Saturdays due to delays. I have only been scheduled to run 1 Saturday and 1 Sunday in 8 months. For the most part I am home on the weekends but some weeks it is late on Friday when I get in. Guess that comes with being the new guy.

5. cherrybone

cherrybone Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2012
    Plainfield, NJ
    The one question I have is do you make more then the guaranteed pay and if so how often? Thanks

6. GoVol

GoVol Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Georgia
    I have not made more being a first year driver with them. I am sure that the drivers that have been with them a couple of years are making above the guaranteed pay on some weeks. They still track the miles and hours and the rate per miles goes up every year.

7. Luke628

Luke628 Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2013
    Houston,Tx
    I'm looking into this company , possibly to start off as a company driver and transition into Owner Operator.

Anyone know how much the OOs make in comparison to company drivers?

I'm hauling crude right now and it's too slow right now so I'm thinking of going to chemical hauling instead.

I have money and a good credit score so buying a truck not a problem just want to make sure it's worth it.

8. Pharroh336

Pharroh336 Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Any of you drivers still with Highway? Was looking into regional out of Croydon, PA. Wondering if you still like it?

9. GoVol

GoVol Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Georgia
    I am still with them and they are a decent company but I am looking to go elsewhere. I went with them looking for better home time than otr. It is getting to the point that I am having to stay in the truck most of the week. If you are close to the terminal it might not be an issue but I live an hour away so a 10 hour break doesn't allow me to go home. It wasn't like this at first but has slowly gotten worse. I am out of a different terminal and run a different account so it would be different at your terminal. The guaranteed pay is nice but you will earn every penny of it.

Pharroh336 Thanks this.
  10. Pharroh336

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    That's exactly why I was looking into them. Tired of the OTR scene being married to the road. Pulled tanks in the past and enjoyed it. I'm pulling a van right now and I'm bored out of my mind.

crazeydude Thanks this.
  11. Pharroh336

Apr 4, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    GoVol, how much longer are the system drivers on the road vs the regional drivers?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.