New Addition To My Workbench

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by delta5, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No, that was the audio meter, the scope was used before the detector stage to see if there was an increase in rf and the purity of the signal. Sometimes it is used to align the filtering, as in the case of a bandpass filter.

It all depends on the radio and the service lit for the radio.

I have a few with a 50kc second stage IF which needs the meter only, then I have a few that have a 40mc first stage that requires both the meter and the scope because of the filtering in the second stage.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    I watched a tech align a radio by the book the other day, but he also set a pot to adjust a 455kz setting to exactly 455. I looked in the service manual and I didn't see that step. Was he doing it correctly? He also checked the 10.240 crystal and it was right on the money.

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I guess, it sounds like he did it right.

5. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    Well, I found a ham repair shop that will clean up and calibrate my CB42 test set. I popped the covers and everything seems to be original and untouched. He is going to replace the caps in the power supply for sure, and any others that need it. This seems like a nice test set if it is 100%.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.