New Brokers Private Book Study

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by chasel, Oct 10, 2015.

1. chasel

chasel Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2015
    North Carolina
    Any independent brokers or agents out there interested in a regular book study group. Looking for 4-6 brokers/agents that want to do a conference call once or twice per week. Would like to start with "Think And Grow Rich" and go from there. Ideally looking to go through books chapter by chapter, swap stories, share strategies/experiences, help, motivate, etc to help connect a few remote agents and form a small master mind group.

The more experience the better but preferably newer agents within one year who are hungry for growth and improvement (so everyone will be close to being on the same page and in a similar stage of their business). But with that being said PLEASE be ACTIVE in the business NOW and MOVING some freight!

Please, NO recruiters or solicitors as this is STRICTLY for a small private personal development group ONLY!

If you are interested send me a message with a form of contact, experience level and time zone. I would like to get this going in the next week or two.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Broker_Freight_Guy

Broker_Freight_Guy Bobtail Member

Oct 12, 2015
    Long Beach, CA
    Sounds interesting to me. I'm a new Broker, but definitely not new to the industry. Been running drivers OTR and Port for almost 10 years for a private company. Branched out this year to start my own brokerage in Los Angeles/Long Beach area. What type of books are you looking to review? I think its a great idea, I'll send you a message with my contact info.

4. chasel

chasel Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2015
    North Carolina
    Sounds good Broker Freight Guy. I would like to start out with Think and Grow Rich and then go from there depending on which direction the group wants to go. I would preferably like to stick to the classics as most newer books seem to be regurgitations with less substance and more hype.

Examples of books I would like to go through as a group:
    Think And Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
    The Magic Of Thinking Big - David Schwarts
    How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling - Frank Bettger
    The Ultimate Sales Machine - Chet Holmes
    The Slight Edge - Jeff Olson
    Secrets Of Question Bassed Selling - Thomas A Freese
    How To Win Friends & Influence People - Dale Carnegie
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Ideally I envision going through the books chapter by chapter as a group and discussing / brainstorming how we can apply the topics to the business and then test these theories. This would not only help with accountability of actually studying the books but also help us to apply the material instead of just reading and forgetting it.

I expect some will come and go but ultimately I think this can end up with a core group or mastermind group (as referred to in Think And Grow Rich) and serve as a hypothetical board of directors for each of our independent businesses to help hold each other accountable, on track, focused and help each other out with ideas and solutions to problems.

Broker Freight Guy send message me your contact info and anyone else that is interested we still need 2 or 3 more people.

5. chasel

chasel Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2015
    North Carolina
    We still have room for 2 or 3 more people if anyone else is interested in taking your business to the next level.

Send me a message with your contact info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.