new dot medical certificate

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Gunner75, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Now that is funny, I don't care who you are....

KillingTime Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    It's just such a farce in some ways...good in some as well for these morbidly obese characters to get a handle on things before it's too late.

I went to a quack woman doctor last June to renew mine. I never saw her before, she was a whacko. I have yet to take a pill for anything, blood pressure always normal, lifted weights 25 years ago so consequently I have a little larger frame than her chart shows, and my neck was 1/2" above the 17" circumference criteria. That automatically triggered her attitude that I have sleep apnea. I don't but she insisted I did. Gave me a 6 month card and told me I'm coming back in 6 months to see her and straighten this all out.

My blood pressure popped the relief valve after her rambling on, and I stormed off and went to a different occupational health clinic and left with a normal 2 year card. But...that could be coming to an end shortly too, the "doctor shopping issue". I wasn't shopping for another opinion, I was shopping for something other than "stupid."

4. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    I went for the agility test and they told me for someone who's 2 years from being a heavy smoker and diabetic, my resting heart rate was at 62bpm, my active heart rate was 122, my oxygen saturation was at 99%, and my resting blood pressure was 120/78. they were mildly impressed. the dot Dr on the other hand read me the root act because I don't follow the strict diet he thinks I should because my blood sugar was up to 200 after I had sat for 6 hours after breakfast. and haven't eaten lunch yet.

5. W900AOwner

W900AOwner Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    Gotta remember that there's A good amount of doctors who are tied together with big pharma and base everything on the fact that we all should be on some sort of drug to live. My last PA I used to go to before we moved 50 miles away used to pull that little blue pad out of his pocket every time I went to him. I told him I'm not interested in having to take drugs for every single little ailment and I'll find something more natural to take. He'd just give me the smirk as if to say I'm the doctor, you're not, what do you know. Glad I moved.

Dharok, Studebaker Hawk and 28 Thank this.
  6. CallOfTheWild

CallOfTheWild Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Yup, renewed mine the other day, same thing...

7. warhoop

warhoop Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Toledo , Or.
    The small card that fit in a wallet was just way to handy and easy. Go "Big Government".

8. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Uh..... choke?
    Yeah it is. :)

9. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    A older friend of mine just got his card renewed. I know the task because I just got renewed about 6 months ago by the same Dr. He makes you squat down and walk like a duck. The older driver said "in all my years of trucking, I've never had to walk like a duck to perform my duties and if I get down that low I'll never get back up". He did end up walking out of there with his card and a little laugh from the Dr.

W900AOwner Thanks this.
  10. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    That doesn't look new to me.

I think that MD you went to just uses a more colorful and professional looking certificate, rather than the black and white one.

All the wording and layout looks the exact same though.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    To see a doctor to be grandfathered? HA. It's a good thing I turned in my CDL a few years ago based on other reasons.... under my State I was grandfathered for a long time as was the spouse.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.