New Guy... Sort of...

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Harrison Transport LLC, May 21, 2015.

1. Hi everyone my name is Shawn and after 20 years as a CDL class A driver I've had my fill of 22 year olds thinking they're going to reinvent the wheel at the LTL company I've been with for the past 10 years. With that said, I've decided to go my own way with my 2014 Ram 3500 4x4 Quad cab and a 35+5 Big Tex Flatbed trailer. My own DOT & MC numbers, Authority, Insurance etc... So, understanding the pluses and negatives I just wanted to introduce myself more than anything to the "Hot-Shot Community" and possibly do a bit of networking with those of you that may be interested in the general Cincinnati Ohio area. Along with flatbed freight hauling, car & truck relocating and transporting I also purchased a B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch to stay versatile for when freight may be slow. Just trying to reach out to form relationships that can be mutually beneficial for all.

IMG_0017 (1).JPG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Nice setup. Best of luck to you.

Pete

Harrison Transport LLC Thanks this.
  4. Thanks! Lots of miles in the back pocket to do this.

5. flatbedcarrier

flatbedcarrier Medium Load Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Southern California
    Yep, nice looking set up. With your experience in trucking this should be a breeze for you.

6. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    A lot of industry in Cincinnati. You will like the freedom doing it this way. I know a couple of guys doing direct freight outbound, also a guy who dispatch hot shots out of your town. He will give me a call when a hot load comes up and does not have anyone to cover. Let me know if I can help.

7. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!
    Nice rig. Just remember running hot shot is a specific side of the industry, like heavy haul, OD or car hauling. You have to think differently then you do with with general freight. Its a whole lot of fun though!

Lite bug Thanks this.
  8. Thanks Lite Bug, always looking for an opportunity. Any ideas, suggestions and or guidance are welcome my friend.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.