New here. Looking for a good company

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Sauronbaine, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Sauronbaine

Sauronbaine Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Hello. I am a decently new driver with 9 months exp. I have 5 months of OTR and four months as a local driver.
    I used to work with Central refridgeration which was the refer division of swift. I left Swift after they handled things poorly and I had enough of their nonsense.

So, I am looking for a new company to join. I am looking at Gordon, Schneider and Naussbum though im not sure if Naussbum will take me.

I live about 15 miles outside of St Louis on the illinois side.

Could anyone suggest a good company?

I like to run a bit relaxed. 500 miles a day. I dont want to run 11 hours a day. im used to 8-9 hours a day, never been late and I always had a 12-16 hour break at night.

This is what I liked.

Im not big on pay as I was used to 33 cents a mile at 2500-3000 miles a week with Swift/Central. But since i do have some exp, I think I kinda deserve some extra money... right? hah. So yea.

Could anyone suggest something that would work with me?

I am also 21 years old and I turn 22 September 20th

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Darracq

Darracq Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2011
    ks

4. Darracq

Darracq Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2011
    ks
    Rbx in Strafford mo,

5. HorseShoe

HorseShoe Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Do 3 more months and a lot more doors will open

6. Sauronbaine

Aug 30, 2015
    Well, right now im looking at Gordon for at least one more year of driving. From what the recruister told me, it sounds great. Im going to do another week or looking around and talking to Driver leaders/managers within Gordon to see more. So far, im 90% hjappy.... the only bad thing ive heard from the recruisters is where I have to park my truck for home time

7. Jayrag

Jayrag Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2015
    KB is a OTR reefer company. I talked with one of their drivers while we were waiting on our trailers at tyson in holcomb, ks.
    He said they get guaranteed $1000 a week after like your 7th day away from home. And he said he only drove like 400 miles a day normally.
    (I would have checked them out but I'm tired of reefers and otr.)

8. Sauronbaine

Aug 30, 2015
    Kb requires at least a year Unfortusntly. I have 9 out of 12. I'll keep them in mind tho!

Looking at gordon at least for a few months. Maybe more.

I'm looking for a good company that offers apus. Inveters not needed. I'm 9 months.

9. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Stay where you are for a while longer.

10. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I probably live right next to you, Nussbaum doesn't hire out of the St. Louis area. Have you looked into Henderson? I've read, on here, a lot of guys are going over there. While I have my own opinion about them, Beelman would probably hire you.

11. Sauronbaine

Aug 30, 2015
    Berkman. Alright I'll take a look at them today. I just left swift a week ago. Gordon has accepted me but more options sound nice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.