New Husband & Wife Team

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TeamDent, Jul 1, 2015.

1. TeamDent

TeamDent Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Cartersville, GA
    Hi World! So my husband and I are extremely motivated to get into the industry. We are entreprenuers who actually own a tax and book keeping company and do well with that 3 months out of the year...it actually pays a year salary.

We are now moving into the next adventure in life...TRAVEL WITH PAY. We have kids, that our parents are GLADLY TAKING ON, while we grow our business and learn as much as possible in the trucking industry before possibly owning our own authority. We have been deciding for 2 years now...and we believe this is the best things to do while we are young, spunky, and wet behind the ears.

WE ARE REALISTIC...WE KNOW...trucking year one can be a complete drag, but because of the business we won't feel like poor kids rolling around the country with the ups and downs of trucker life (upside). We still want to make a good decision on our starter company....

We think we want to try at Covenant. ANY TIPS, ANY DRIVERS FROM THE COMPANY with positives. EVERY COMPANY has negatives...low pay in year one...miles not hitting 3000 etc...its almost expected, but overall company turn over and treatment is kinda what we are looking into. Thoughts...tips?? I'M SO EXCITED TO HIT THE ROAD WITH MY BABY DADDY LOL (HUSBAND). It feels like we are gearing up for the biggest adventure ever!!!

- Cam

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mp4694330

mp4694330 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2010
    Chicagoland
    Whatever You do, keep it mind that kids will be kids only once...

Best wishes in Your endeavours!

4. Dodgeman

Dodgeman Light Load Member

May 18, 2012
    Northeast Pa.
    My opinion is why push your kids off on your parents? That's kind of heartless.

77smartin, Wild Murphy, rachi and 2 others Thank this.
  5. TeamDent

TeamDent Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2015
    Cartersville, GA
    We are an extremely close knit family. Where we are not investing in the time for our benefit, we invest in things from a generational perspective. I'd never "Push My Kids" off...we believe it takes a village. It took a village to successfully begin our first business.

Successful millionaires and billionaires are not often ridiculed, their children usually grow up absolute successes and well adjusted in society.

We are dedicated, devoted, forward thinking parents -- with an amazing village. ;-D --- but thank you for the concerns.

** My 11 Year Old Currently Works Data Entry 3 Months Out of the Year. We are teaching our children "OWNERSHIP". With ownership comes sacrifice. We are not sacrificing our children, we are sacrificing ourselves for their longterm benefit. **

6. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I currently work for covenant. There has been alot change going on with the company....in a good way.
    Recently they came out with a $1000 a week guarantee if you have 1 year experience. Havent made less than $1000 week so havent ran into that problem so far.
    My hometime has been okay. They got me home on christmas and thanksgiving day last year. Nice bonuses they give out during the peak season.
    If you have an a-hole fleet manager then your life will suck. I had one of the best managers in the company so thats why i have a favorable view of this company.
    Believe me there are definitely some upset drivers for covenant all because their incompetent fleet manager. Applies to any company you work with

7. rpad139

rpad139 Heavy Load Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ca
    I think you two will do good at any company whether its covenant or not.

8. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    Got nothin for ya.. dishin the kids off on the parents is the most selfish thing a parent can do.."it takes a village" is a liberal cop out to allow crappy parents feel good about their selfishness I guess..

77smartin, Wild Murphy, mrdot and 5 others Thank this.
  9. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Well, I can tell you that you'll be the best looking truck driver I've ever seen....

But I'm gonna go with the old saying. Lock yourselves in a bathroom for 24 hours. If you both make it out alive, you'll be a great team. This job isn't for everyone, but if you want it bad enough, it'll come for you. As for covenant, I don't know much about them. But do yourselves a favor. Stop and look around occasionally! There's a lot of beautiful places along these highways. Sharing them will make it a lot of fun. Good luck guys and keep us posted!

TeamDent and Hammer166 Thank this.
  10. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    I dont agree with pushing your kids off on people to come into trucking. Do you know how many of us strive to just get that home daily job, so we can be with our family?
    I just don't care much for the "new age" parents. You had the kids willingly.. Stay home and raise them. It isn't the grand parents place to raise your kids. Call me old fashioned but as a parent.. I can't see letting money interfere with my kids.
    Besides.. You already said you make a years salary in 3 months.. Why not grow that into double the salary in 3 months? Then your both set.. Not driving a cramped truck, taking showers in strange truck stops with weird crap stuck to the walls, eating microwaved veggies and most likely having a camera staring at you 24/7 while having a electronic nanny box tell you when to sleep and drive.

11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Good Luck.

Read my signature line.........

TeamDent, mosstrap, TruckDuo and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.