New & Old Understanding Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by fendertelecaster62, Jul 17, 2016.

1. fendertelecaster62

fendertelecaster62 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Johnstown, Ohio
    Why is it, that we still have newbies and experienced truckers complain about the company that there with?

I started driving otr in 2006 getting on here complaining about my company, my pay, going through a divorce, and I feel now, I took my experience out on everyone else to include the company I drove for.

I gave up driving until 2011,got aggressive and started driving local and I love it. I always wanted to drive truck, never really knew how to go about driving local. I complained about everything. My point is: Don't get on this forum and blame other truckers, companies, etc,etc, it is really your own fault in your choice.

Don't get me wrong, ask questions, and read and understand from the truckers whom really care. It is imperative that you do research in this career choosing a company, just like any other company that you would hire onto for your career.

I really hope this makes sense, because I complained, and I watched and read this forum for over 5 years then took my hopes , my realization of trucking and made it a great success today for me.

Just remember, you make your career, and choice, no one else. Good luck in trucking and be safe.

Thanks for everyone who listened.

Puppage, G13Tomcat and Mark Kling Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I am missing out on where you make sense. You say you came here and complained about a company. Now you say "It is really your own fault in your choice."

So are you saying their is nothing wrong with the company? Are you at fault? Do you just think drivers should only talk about how much they love the company they are with? Are you one of those dudes that needs hugs and kisses from every post? Are you one of those 'blame the driver' guys? IDK what your trying to say.

4. Ubu

Ubu Road Train Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Rumored to be somewhere
    I think he is just saying that drivers need to have reasonable expectations about what the job entails and to stop blaming a trucking company because they failed to properly reach what the demands of the carrier are in general.

snowlauncher and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    Heck, there are people who don't even drive anymore complaining about companies...

Puppage Thanks this.
  6. fendertelecaster62

fendertelecaster62 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2006
    Johnstown, Ohio
    Thanks Ubu, that is exactly what I was saying. Stop blaming the company your working for , and start looking at yourself, that was it. I don't blame anyone , except for myself, because of not understanding what I got into. I wasn't trying to blame any company.

snowlauncher and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Good, honest post, O/P. Honorable, and spot-on.

8. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    If you ain't complaining you ain't trucking!

9. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Well OP good on you for coming to terms with your deficiencies.

However, most of us are able to realize the source of our problems in the job market long before the years it took you to come to this point.

While some drivers are indeed the source of their own problems, many drivers are indeed screwed over by their company because the very nature of the business has us working miles from the office personal that does the screwing. Please don't conflate your issues with the very real injustices that many drivers experience at many of these trucking companies.

rachi and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  11. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I would agree, many drivers are their own worst enemy. From not doing their homework before hiring with a company, or having unrealistic expectations, or just blindly signing their names to everything put in front of them.

But plenty of companies have room for improvement. Like coercion to run over hours, or break the law in other ways, or doing "favors", with promise if restitution that never arrives.

snowlauncher and REO6205 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.