New or old asked again

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Tug Toy, Aug 30, 2015.

1. 59MackB61

59MackB61 Light Load Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Sorry to hear that. Best Wishes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Agree,could be good for a couple years(or a money pit).Why did they "hang on to it" for nearly 6 years after the veteran driver retired?

Road Killer Thanks this.
  4. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    RIP sorry for your loss

5. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Thanks guys. It's all good. We are having his memorial at his favorite watering hole. He had a heart attack last year. Spent a week in the truck with him back and forth to my home in IL. Stayed with me for 5 months. Lived with my sister in Oregon for the past 8 months. Woke up on Tuesday didn't feel well. Passed away by 9am. No real pain or deficiencies.

Him, my sister and I love to laugh, sing along to the oldies and have fun!!!!! His soul mate passed in 2000.

He will be rememberd how he lived, all of us surronded by his friends. Laughing, singing and having fun! No formal affairs here.

Thanks agian.

6. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    These followed me home. They were my dads. He loved that Lincon. The Durango will make a good winter car for my wife. I'm not sure what to do with the lincon. It only has 77k miles and relay has little resale value. I guess I'll drive it till the weather changes and store it with the Vette this winter. image.jpg image.jpg

7. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Ok so I got 4 Firestone 561s today for the trailer. Took the rears off and flipped them inside out then side to side. Then put them on the front axel. All new on the rear. 1 was bald. 2 were getting close and 1 is still fair.

Funny thing is when I got to the barn this morning my rear outside drive was off the bead. I rolled in late last night and didn't see it I guess. So they were getting close to needing replaced. We got about 60 used tires but I can't seem to find one low enough on tread to Match the mate to the flat. Hole is a piece of knife shaped plastic next to the sidewall. To big to plug and won't patch it. So I dug out another 4 good matching Firestone 663. About %60 tread.

That's 12 tires today. I'm obviously not as full of piss and vintager as I used to be!

8. Road Killer

Road Killer Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Middletown, DE
    Thank you Tug Toy! Made awesome!!! Congratulations and best wishes!

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  9. Road Killer

Nov 1, 2015
    Middletown, DE
  10. Road Killer

Nov 1, 2015
    Middletown, DE
    Condolences for your loss....

singlescrewshaker and Tug Toy Thank this.
  11. Tug Toy

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Thank you @Road Killer , I'm sitting in Mott North Dakota waiting for delivery in the morning. I normally don't work on the weekends but am still trying to make up for the time I took with my sister. I will still be home Wednesday for turkey day. Hope you are able to get there too.

Still plugging along at 792k miles. Just put 4 new Firestones on the trailer last weekend. Picked the best 4 and turned them around on the rim and swapped sides. Running the old tires on the front and the new on the rear.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.