New to Prime INC - What to expect (Springfield edition)

Discussion in 'Prime' started by silenteagle, Dec 6, 2012.

1. agreentrucker86

agreentrucker86 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    New Castle, De
    Talked to my recruiter today. She told me it looks like all my paperwork is there just need to run a couple of things and talk to my current job and my last job. So ears are open. Hope go to prime after thanksgiving and be home for Christmas and my son's birthday in January.

KMac and FullMetalJacket Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShirBlackspots

ShirBlackspots Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Hmm, so Prime likes to make it a bit more complicated?

Oh, who here has heard about that California representative that is trying to sneak in language to the highway funding bill that lets companies cheat drivers out of pay and take breaks and lunches away?

Big Papaxx Thanks this.
  4. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

Not at all.

It is what the state DOT will require for test. They just prepare you the right way. There is no such thing as a basic pretrip for CDL license. You are required to know full inspection of truck & trailer....identification/description/inspection of all parts & their function/operations.

They teach it exactly how you need to learn it for state of MO test. The verbage of how items are identified & described is very specific. You have to test according to how they specifically want it.

It is also practical knowledge you will need to use everyday. Your life & others depend on it.

:biggrin_25525:

5. ShirBlackspots

ShirBlackspots Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Ok, so Missouri makes it a bit more complicated than Texas does. What I listed was how the Wichita Falls, TX DMV had us do our pre-checks when testing us. (Class A CDL w/tanker since early 2006, working as a city employee in the street department)

6. Chucktshoes

Chucktshoes Medium Load Member

May 23, 2014
    Memphis, TN
    Yes. MO does require a more thorough pre trip knowledge to acquire a CDL than Texas. Texas actually has some of the least rigorous testing requirements in the country. MO is about middle of the pack in that regard.

darthanubis Thanks this.
  7. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Relevance counselor?

8. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Be home for Christmas and your son's birthday? Lol! You better be leasing then to expect that type of flexibility.

PChase Thanks this.
  9. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    Relevance would be knowing something about the company you are going to work for... No I am not but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Once.

10. Big Papaxx

Big Papaxx Medium Load Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Chicago, Los Angeles
    But isn't prime a 3rd party tester and do there own skills cdl testing?? In that case it is how prime wants you to learn pre trip not just Mo Dot?

11. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Glad to see you are finally getting started. I have a friend back home that just left Prime to take a local gig. If you want I can get you in touch with him if you have any questions.

agreentrucker86 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.