NO OD Permit Penalties

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Packmanbj, May 20, 2015.

1. Packmanbj

Packmanbj Bobtail Member

May 20, 2015
    what are the penalties in IA, MO & OK for hauling an over width load without a permit?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Are you planning to run as a pirate, or just want to know if the fines will be more than the permits?

What use would the fines be, if they didn't outweigh the permit fees?

4. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Depends, do you want them putting on a wrist length rubber glove or a shoulder length?

Oh, and when they do catch you, not only do you get fined, but you DON'T move till you have permits.

(I'd just do it legal and be done with it.) Oh, and with this being Memorial Day Weekend coming up, they could park you till Tuesday.

Packmanbj Thanks this.
  5. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I think in Missouri it's 2 days in the eletric chair.

After that they will never issue a is permit to that truck serial number again. You will have to repowed the load and if you crash may God help you.

I say go for it. We need to cull the heard.

6. damutt

damutt Road Train Member

May 6, 2013
    id just get the permits, it wil be MUCH cheaper than the fines they WILL give you. and like was said they can shut you donw till tues. i wouldnt chance it

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Depends on the dims of the load. Bootlegging an oversized load will cost you more than the load pays. It won't be one fine, it will be multiple fines. We had one of our guys got caught off route in Illinois with an OSOW (I don't know the dims on the load, my guess was it was pretty big and pretty heavy) , went off route for a bootycall. Fines totaled $69000. When those fines get really big, you're going to have to get fingerprinted, post bond and show up in court.

If someone is asking about bootlegging an OSOW, it is because
    1. It is a divisible load, and cannot be permitted legally (tarping it may help...but if you're overweight too, you're SOL)
    2. Can't get it moved or can't get a permit because of the holiday curfew, and so someone is throwing a little extra money at it.

tsavory Thanks this.
  8. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    EDIT: If ou are a company driver, and your boss is throwing a little extra money at you, he doesn't get the fines, YOU DO. He gets off free and clear. Do you understand what that means, Driver?

tsavory Thanks this.
  9. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    over size and not over weight permits are cheap,,over weight and no permit the ticket can cost thousands,,
    Kansas is $20,,Iowa is $10 and forgot how much OK is but if just wide and a high you would be a fool not to get permits,
    I used a permit service in Crooksville, OH called Nationwide Express Service,,they were the best permits service I used,,they don't make mistakes and get you your permits fast,,look them up on the net,,ask for Jinx or Sheila,

10. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Missouri pmt is on 15 bucks.

Ok is 40

11. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    Did you bid the load to cheap and now there's no money left for permits?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.