OC WiFi blocked gaming?

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by SlimPickens, Sep 16, 2015.

1. SlimPickens

SlimPickens Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2015
    So, how do most of you game? I've seen a few of you camped out in OCs just playing games on your laptop.

Do most of you game online? Or are they just singleplayer games?

I can download games just fine, I just can't log into my accounts. Did Schneider block the ports? I can always just set up my phone as a hotspot, but it's not unlimited data, obviously... :p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    I use a T-Mobile hot spot and 5gb of data for WoW, works excellent so far, might switch to an LTE box though

4. SlimPickens

Aug 28, 2015
    I know MMOs aren't very data-hungry. (I think they run maybe 5mb/s per hour?)
    So they have blocked gaming ports?

5. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I do same , T-Mobile 80$
    7GB real high speed data enough to play most MOBA games in full month
    + TRUE unlimited 4g lte on phone (hello YouTube )
    So far used 34Gb of data , 0 issue exept one : VERY #### SERVICE IN A MIDDLE OF NOWHERE :-(

Attached Files:

6. SlimPickens

Aug 28, 2015
    I usually get on Wandering WiFi if I'm out somewhere outside of an OC, but I've actually been contemplating on switching to T-Mobile just for the unlimited data. It costs way less than 40 GB over here at Verizon.

I mean, I thought T-Mobile was pretty good on the east coast, and they had trouble in the west?

7. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    As long as you are in a city with more then 10 000 property population you should not have any problems. On a highways.. Well all I can't tell that you will not be able to stream a lot of music while driving

8. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    It's weird with T-Mobile in these rural areas.
    On the 40 between Santa Rosa and ABQ, the 4G data gets iffy.
    On the 60 between Clovis and Mountainair, I'm streaming the Slacker radio without interruption.

Parallel route, different levels of service.
    Seems like the garbage, 2G equipment gets relegated to these parts after all the cool stuff gets to the cities.

9. SlimPickens

Aug 28, 2015
    Ahh, I download all of my music anyways. I get deadzones with Verizon as well, and it started pissing me off when I was streaming music and it just cuts out for two minutes, plays for five seconds, cuts out again for another two minutes.

Downloading is the way to go.

10. SlimPickens

Aug 28, 2015
    See, I want to change so bad because that Unlimited data is so tantalizing.

Then I read things like this, and think... "Ehhh, I really do like having service almost everywhere I go."

11. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    I don't see myself hanging around the back-country areas on a regular basis and I've also got an old, Sirius radio as a backup.
    Only reason I like Slacker is because you can turn off the DJs and a better selection of random music.

Call me lazy, but downloading and reorganizing my Ipod gets a tad irritating some times.
    If anything, I'll try to go for podcasts of random, mixed music on a continuous loop.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.