Ohio I-80 Exit 226 Detour

Discussion in 'Truckers' Weather & Road Conditions' started by s0231198, Jun 1, 2016.

1. s0231198

s0231198 Light Load Member

Aug 23, 2008
    From the Ohio DOT Website: http://www.dot.state.oh.us/districts/D04/newsreleases/Pages/MahoningCountyAdvisories.aspx

Interstate 80 in Austintown Township

(Wednesday, June 1 – until further notice)

Beginning on Wednesday, June 1, the entrance ramp from Salt Springs Rd. to I-80 eastbound will be closed through early July for roadway construction. The detour will be I-80 westbound to SR 46 to I-80 eastbound.

If you are planning on stopping at the Petro or the Pilot at exit 226 (Girard, OH) and want to go eastbound on I-80 from that exit, you will have to follow detour back west to Exit 223 (Austintown, OH) and do a flip. If needing to go to the Pilot, you may be better off just stopping at the one at Exit 223. There is also a TA at the 223, and if you continue east to Exit 234 there is a Flying J and Love's at that exit. Could save you a lot of time, as that construction area is subject to a lot of traffic backups with having to go through construction zone twice!

You may also go south from truck stops on Salt Springs Rd. and it will turn into Meridian Rd. and continue on it to I-680 south and take 711 connector back to I-80 and will keep you from going through construction area again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.