Oil Pan help d12 vnl 670 2005

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by mr.humble, May 15, 2016.

1. mr.humble

mr.humble Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    2005 vnl 670 d/12. but i cant get the oil pan off :/.... got all the nuts and bolts off just need to got to slip the oil pan off the truck but i cant... its got little to no wiggle room to get it off. i am wondering if there is a trick to getting the oil pan off. its currently sitting on the steel frame thing.... " ive been working in the sun to long cant think straight " if you need pics i dont mind posting some.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trkr3529

Trkr3529 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2016
    I found jacking up the front end helped, I put the jack on the cross member in front of the motor, getting the new one on was even harder than getting the old one off. Hope this helped

silver dollar and mr.humble Thank this.
  4. mr.humble

mr.humble Bobtail Member

May 15, 2016
    we got it on a jack on the cross members but it just wont come off lol.... we tried to wiggle it free but we would have to take of the radiator and bunch of other things to get it off. so we just left it hanging on the cross member & put new gasket on. I am getting the bolts and all put back on.

Wish we did jack it up earlier it would have been that much easier, at least now i have a jack :p.

5. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    use one of the tow bars that volvo has in all truck and lift only the chassis do not jack up the front axle just jack up the chassis to give yourself more room once it's all the way up then the person in the back needs to lift oil pan all the way to the block so it can clear the front crossmember after that u can just wiggle it out.

silver dollar Thanks this.
  6. silver dollar

silver dollar Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Central North Carolina
    Glad i saw this thread. I will need to replace the gasket on my 06 630 soon. So basically, this is a two person job. Correct?

7. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I can do it by myself but have done about 100 of them if it's first time you do it than definately would suggest two people make sure the rear bolts have not worn thru the oil pan .

silver dollar Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.