OK, I'm confused. . .again

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Big Don, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I received a PM (I guess now it is called a conversation???? Makes no sense to me, but whatever,) from a forum member. I would really like to reply to his post, but I can find NOTHING that directs me on how to do this. There is no "Reply" button shown.
    I haven't used this feature much since the forum remodel, but I could swear that the last time I used it, there was a "reply" button?

Have I lost my mind, (again,) or just lost the "reply" button??:confused:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    Don, the easiest thing to do is to just scroll to the bottom of the message and type your reply in the box, then 'Post Reply.' You should also have a reply button that will quote the message and put it in the reply box for you.

Big Don and truckon Thank this.
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There should be an icon near the upper right corner of the screen that says "inbox". Clicking on that will pull up what looks like a list of threads like you'd normally find in any subforum on the site, that is if you have any PM's saved. Only difference is, the heading of that page will be marked "conversations", the way this one is marked "truck forum information center".

Then just click on the PM you want to read just like you would normally open any thread, as reply as you normally would.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Hey guys, thanks. But what actually happened is the individual who sent this to me, locked it. So there was no way I could reply to it. Simple as that. I think he was more interested in keeping out "nosy nellies" than anything else. Anyway, once I got it figured out, I just contacted him with a new conversation.
    I just don't tumble to things quite as fast as I used to...:confused:

d o g Thanks this.
  6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    You do realize you can highlight with your mouse and do a "Ctrl+C" (copy it to the computers internal buffer). Then you can paste it to where ever your hearts content. Alas you can not do multiple copies and pasting at the same time. Your buffer will only remember the last copy.

Big Don Thanks this.
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Yes, that is what I ended up doing. Thanks Willy.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.