OnGuard Collision System/Meritor Wabco poo...

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by milkdud, Jul 21, 2013.

1. milkdud

milkdud Road Train Member

Hopefully, these systems will go the way of those Eaton-Vorads that came out a few years back. They went offline one by one and weren't fixed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AMoodyDriver

AMoodyDriver Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Is it a safety dot fmcsa violation if you drive a cmv with a disabled anti collision product?

4. Raezzor

Raezzor Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Aug 1, 2009
    Columbus, OH
    Had a Volvo with the VORADS in it with one company about 4-5 years ago. #### thing came on while passing a salt truck laying down salt. In the snow. #### near jack-knifed me. Needless to say next stop I kicked the living hell out of the sensor. Company never asked why it was broke, they just removed the system. Things were junk

tucker Thanks this.
  5. Redneckbluedog

Redneckbluedog Bobtail Member

Mar 19, 2017
    If a deer jumps in front of you what do you do..?? Plow the deer. Not many more. Now you stop, cause a 6 car pileup behind you with 3 fatalities, and go to prison. Then, you sue MW and your company, then retire. I just rely feel sorry for the 3 people who lost their lives unnecessarily because of this device.

6. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    Never had mine slow down for an animal. And I've hit a few of them.

7. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If a car plows into you for stopping for anything, either an automatic from radar stop or slamming on the brakes ones self, they deserve what happens to them. Yes it sucks, but if they are tailgating and cannot stop in time.. I do feel bad for any one else in the car that gets injured though.

8. Ruandave

Ruandave Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2017
    This has been the ongoing problem on my company owned 2016 cascadia,will throw you thru the windshield if not buckled in.no clue when it will do it,so nerve racking to drive.compare it to driving your 4 wheeler and doing a brake check for no reason,fn ######## junk no for good system.

9. albert l

albert l Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2013
    On the Road
    If it's not working properly, take it to a dealer and get it calibrated

10. LilBudyWizer

LilBudyWizer Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2017
    No, turning off cruise does not disable it, applying the brakes does. It won't lock up your wheels because you have ABS. I guess my question would be why aren't you on your brakes? Are you sitting there saying wtf while it comes to a complete stop in the middle of the road?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.