OTR with the Carolina Kid

Discussion in 'Millis' started by gilleyaffliction21, Jun 30, 2011.

1. gilleyaffliction21

gilleyaffliction21 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey guys, just finished my training with Millis and got my truck yesterday. Im in a T2000 truck #6082. Its one of the older ones there about to trade in. The difference in this truck and my trainers T660 is huge. Im still gettin use to backing my truck because it doesnt cut no where near as good. As far as shifting im starting to figure this truck out a little. Had a light load of only 27k goin from Trenton to Ridgeway, VA. Since it was so light I only had to downshift 1 or 2 gears thru WVA and VA. As far as my time with my trainer he taught me TONSSSSS!! Its amazing how much you learn and you learn something new everyday. I remember my first time goin thru 294 I was a nervous wreck, but now I still tense up a lil but am far more relaxed goin thru there. For everybody that is thinking about goin to school or working with Millis, I would do it. There schools are top notch and most people you talk to say good things about the company. If any of you guys see a newbie havin a hard time with somethin, check the truck #, its prolly me, haha. Stay safe guys

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Congrats man. Have fun and stay safe out there.

4. Gunrunner84

Gunrunner84 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Good Luck. Tomorrow is day five for our class in Trenton. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

5. CA_Uber_Alles

CA_Uber_Alles Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2011
    San Diego,CA
    Tomorrow is also a HUGE travel day. Careful out there.

6. gilleyaffliction21

Feb 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Im home till Tuesday mornin, them im headin back out. Gunrunner I picked up my truck in Trenton Wednesday mornin so I prolly saw ya and didnt know it. I believe yall was doin the famed Millis 500. Good luck with your school training and OTR training

7. MrG

MrG Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Congrats Mr. Gilley!!!!! Glad everything is going good. Remember, if you need anything or have any ??? just give me a shout.
    Greg

8. Sully72

Sully72 Medium Load Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Northern, NY
    Its good to always remember that "newbie feeling". if you don't forget what it felt like you'll be one one of those drivers i respect that 20 yrs from now will still get out of his truck at the parking lot and give that guy having some difficulty backing in some pointers instead of making fun of him on the cb. Courtesy is infectious.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. gilleyaffliction21

Feb 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Preciate it Greg, you were a TON of help and a great teacher at the school. Gave us everything we needed for the transition from school to being with the trainer. And Sully I was in Hurrincane, WVA at the TA there off 64, and it took me like 4 pull ups in those tight little spots outside the garage. Boy that CB was chirpin with people talkin, lol

10. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    Congrats on the truck! It's a great yet scary feeling all at the same time. My cell is 894-285-7797 if you have any questions while out there - give me a shout. If I dont know - then I am sure I know someone that does.

Again congrats and be safe!

11. gilleyaffliction21

Feb 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey guys, quick question. I just bought me a XM and Im having a hard time with hooking it up because theres no Aux cable on the radio. Also where do yall have your XM magnetic satellite pickeruper at because its hard to find somewhere to put it because I can barely find any metal on the truck, lol.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.