Pam Transport- Don't do it.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Teresa J, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Teresa J

Teresa J Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    If you're looking for a trucking company that will train, use either Swift or Warner. Pam is the worst one to go to. You will not bring home more then $300. per week. I read this before I started with them and thought it was just a disgruntled employee. Nope, it was the truth. I really wish I would have listened. Also, I gave them a two week notice and they kept my final paycheck to reimburse their :"so-called" training school. That was a joke. You won't be trained. I learned when I was on the road solo. There is not a single classmate that I went through their school with that is still currently working for them. That was 3 months ago. Luckily, I did not have any incidents or accidents but it was purely by the grace of God. Not because they trained me well.

DTP, Toomanybikes and Ditch Doctor Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Unfortunately, none of what you say surprises me.

mjd4277, DTP, VaGump and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    $300! Wow that's disgraceful! How much does McDonald's pay their employees! Pathetic!

mjd4277, No names left and Teresa J Thank this.
  5. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    Did you get another job or have one lined up before quiting? Yeah not much good on Pam that ive ever come across.

6. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I talked to a former PAM driver who told me they were paying SEVENTEEN cents per mile. I found it almost too incredulous to believe.

mjd4277, DTP and josephl Thank this.
  7. No names left

No names left Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2015
    When I first began considering driving to (almost) make a living, I saw comments that there was near 100% turnover in the trucking industry and I did not believe this was possible. I know better now, but to see something like this is still hard to believe.

Good luck to you and I hope you find a better paying job. I still have not signed on to anyone's CDL program so I appreciate people like you posting horror stories like this so I don't follow in your footsteps.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  8. No names left

No names left Light Load Member

Dec 17, 2015
    That would be pretty close; if someone drives an average of 2200 miles for $0.17 a mile they would bring home roughly $300 a week. That is beyond sad.

josephl Thanks this.
  9. fat trucker

fat trucker Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Warren, Ohio
    I'm sure that would be .34 split for teams, I worked for PAM years ago and at that time I got .16 for every mile the truck ran. PAM used to run a lot of teams

10. Cedarmike

Cedarmike Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2016
    it's closer to 300% at the mega company puppy mills but like any industry it's work ethic , aptitude and ambition that determine success

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.