Panther?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by SteeringWheelHolder411, May 5, 2016.

1. KingG239

KingG239 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Yup.. when I go home I'm gonna go get my tanker. I just wanna try something new. So flat or tank thing tanker pay pretty good

SteeringWheelHolder411 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    I just delivered a trailer to their spanking new HQ in Medina OH. I noticed 2 things:
    1. Big signs: NO OVERNIGHT PARKING
    2. The "orientation" area was the biggest area serving the drivers.

Conclusion: If this company won't let their own drivers do a 10 hr break on company property, they literally don't care about safe and responsible operations. Plus they are shifting their costs to truck stops, highway rest areas etc. The worst.
    Turnover must be thru the roof, and if a company utilizes the owner with multi truck/driver business model, neither those drivers or individual o/o's stand a chance.

Wouldn't consider them as a viable partner.

4. thodges

thodges Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    Dont do it.... I came over thinking i could run less (i own my own truck) and make the 1.45 +fsc.
    They dont rum you enough consistanly...your waiting in line on a board where ppl can skip you.
    Dont deliver early in am bc exp freight dont leave until later in evening or night.
    They only have one terminal and its no parking for oo.. They make you buy their bard for $240 ..escrow 100 week for god knows how long... Huge oldfashion ### qualcomm.
    If your teams i know uou can get paod really good. Bc my parents are here. Bc you can run any time of day or night and exp is great for that.
    1.57 teams with haz. They pay loaded and deadhead.
    They will pay empty if its in their best interest...not if you wanna move to better location.
    Solo Ld/dead head 1.40 +.05 if you have haz. .30 empty

They will PREACH to you its not only miles...its the bo us they guve you.. You have to negotiate a bonus from panther dispatchers..
    And its not a real bonis.. Its just help with gas money to get you out of washington...or florida... Couple hundred to spend the next day deadheading back to there service area to wait in line.
    A LOT OF SITTING... I DONT mind sitting if im being paid good... But not being ran enough..waiting in line...watching ppl skip you...## that ####.
    OHHH and they will get you home if its on the way. They wont help you get home..they will put you in line for a load to get you home OR....which you will most likely do is get a backhaul where they will send you (panther approved) brokers with the cheapest #### available to get you home..or back to their prime area.
    They are robbing ppl...exp probably pays 4..$5 pm... Its late...its #### other companies broke down or canceld on shipper..and they might lose customer.. Its not cheap..they just pay a little more to drivers to keep you on call.
    Ive been here 45 days to give it a go..and its been shady since day one.
    PRO...bc im not against them ..im just being honest.
    I did get load from ga to cali. 2100 miles @1.45 +.16fsc... Did 34..got load from san diego ca to tn..1800 miles..sat 2 1/2 days got load to baltimore GREAT money.... THEEEEN i sat in baltimore for 5 days on their board that loads aveage 10 loads a day and im first in line for load.
    ....im going back to landstar..shouldnt have left ...just thought less miles..same money.

5. thodges

thodges Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2014
    daytona beach,florida
    Please...before you actually go to panther if anyone reads this..idc if its 2 years from now..please write me.. Ask questions...
    This company is not for o/o
    Do not lease their trucks.
    They have cargo vans...straight trucks..and then t/t 53 van.
    Please... Do not go to this company.

SteeringWheelHolder411 Thanks this.
  6. SteeringWheelHolder411

SteeringWheelHolder411 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    I decided not to. Glad I didn't . Thank you yall

thodges Thanks this.
  7. KingG239

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Hey check out interstate.

8. SteeringWheelHolder411

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    Already did. No go

9. SteeringWheelHolder411

Jul 15, 2014
    Chicago
    Already put an app in somewhere else where I'll be out of the truck except for 1 day a week

10. KingG239

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
  11. KingG239

Dec 12, 2014
    NEW Jersey
    Interstate ain't that bad but u have to have a truck

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.